Sunday, September 14, 2014

Stamp Review Crew - Truly Grateful Edition

The thing I like the BEST about the Stamp Review Crew blog hop is that we DO what we SAY ... review some of the stamp sets that some of us may have forgotten along the way as NEW things are ALWAYS coming out ... this week we are playing with Truly Grateful ... and I had forgotten just how PRETTY the images in the set are!! Check it out!!

I haven't done a "collage-y"-style background in a VERY long time ... but somehow, this set just lends it to this technique so very well ... and now I AM actually starting to feel the love for the coming of Fall (which is, actually, my favorite season anyway!)!! The mornings and evenings have most certainly been feeling a little bit of a chill in the air. I LOVE when the leaves change. And the SMELLS of fall! OH MY!!! Running through the canyon smells a bit like HEAVEN as the weather changes ...

Stamps: Truly Grateful
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Bitty Banners Framelits, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Burlap Ribbon, Chevron Naturals Ribbon, Gold Baker's Twine, Venetian Crocheted Trim, Autumn Wooden Elements, Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape, Sewing Machine








Here is a look-see at all images come in this set ... purrrrdy!!










Click on the "Next" button to take a peek at the wonderful talent of Yapha Mason ... and the "Previous" button to check out the Stamp Review Crew's Chief, Tanya Boser!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

9 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Awesome collage work there, lady! I always love your ribbon treatments too :)

Dawn Tidd said...

What a fun card, Wendy! I love your collage background and layers of embellishments. The the stitched chevron ribbon is a great touch!!

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card, Wendy! I love your collage background!

Heidi Baks said...

I should pull out that washi tape. It looks fun! What wonderful texture and ribbon layering!

Mike said...

Wendy, I love all the texture on your card! It's amazing! I especially love the touch of Cajun Craze!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card! I love all the pretty textures and colors you used. I really like how you added the ribbons too.

Cindy Beach said...

I LOVE your collage-y background! That's some great stamping! The layered ribbon is so very you - amazing!

Carol Carriveau said...

Nicely done...great layering and textures!

nelda machovsky said...

Hi Wendy!! Just love this card!!!
Thanks for your inspiration.. I will be casing your card for my stamp class tomorrow. I was just wondering how you attached your ribbon. Did you sew to the card stock or use some type of tape?
I tried the red tape but couldn't get top red layer off, then I went to fast fuse. It seems to be working.Thanks nm