This week’s TGIF Challenge made me go for the kitchen sink … meaning I was throwing everything at it to see what would stick! The photo to the left was our inspiration. We could use images, colors, or go for the “make a card set” thing, which is what I did!
Stamps: Words & Wishes, Cutest Crew,
Here’s the view of the cards in all three stages - closed (upper left), top flap open (upper right), and completely open (bottom middle). The only differences between the four cards in the set were which piece of the Country Woods DSP I was going to use and where I was going to use it. The sentiments throughout all four cards are done using the same cardstock and ink (the flowers surrounding the “just a little hello” sentiment panel were a little different on each card as I used the scraps of Country Woods DSP I had leftover. The little birdies I cut out using the Cutest Crew Dies ended up being a mix-and-match of Pecan Pie, Night of Navy, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana.
There die sets, two stamp sets and one package of DSP got me from beginning to end on these, so let’s go!!
Here are the four “hidden flap” cards I created to make a set. I personally think that this Country Woods DSP is the BEST patterned paper that Stampin’ Up has had for some time … it goes with EVERYthing!! Keep reading to see that by lifting the little hidden flap you will see another hidden element - a framed sentiment!
Upon lifting up the little 1.5” flap that was created by cutting the front of the card base (Early Espresso) at 3” and 4.5”, you will have the option of adding a cute little sentiment panel of some sort. I used a combination of dies from Phrases & Frames and Cutest Crew, as well as a sentiment image from Cutest Crew.
The DSP was actually added to the card front, minus the flap you created (which in essence give you a two-in-one card front!).
Here’s the actual “inside” of the card. You can see how the DSP on the top half of this card peeks through from where the Early Espresso flap was lifted up for the actual front of the card. So much variety comes from just a couple vertical cuts!
Paper: Basic Beige, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Coastal Cabana, Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink, Country Woods DSP
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories: Words & Wishes Dies, Cutest Crew Dies, Phrases & Frames Dies, Linen Thread, Adhesive-Backed Metallic Gems
Here’s the view of the cards in all three stages - closed (upper left), top flap open (upper right), and completely open (bottom middle). The only differences between the four cards in the set were which piece of the Country Woods DSP I was going to use and where I was going to use it. The sentiments throughout all four cards are done using the same cardstock and ink (the flowers surrounding the “just a little hello” sentiment panel were a little different on each card as I used the scraps of Country Woods DSP I had leftover. The little birdies I cut out using the Cutest Crew Dies ended up being a mix-and-match of Pecan Pie, Night of Navy, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana.
Soooo happy to be at the weekend … I am just about ready to tackled my daughter’s old room that is just FILLED with stuff she left behind when she moved out AND all of the remnants of what my dear mama left behind after we had divvied up most of her furniture and clothing. It’s time for me to get serious about that stuff - especially since I will be able to make a lovely guest room out of it by the time I’m done!





No comments:
Post a Comment