Sunday, May 11, 2014

Monday Montage #19




Helllllooooo Monday Montage Friends!!! So glad that you are able to join us!!! Can't believe we are on our NINETEENTH blog hop together!! Man-oh-man how time does fly!!

Today I'm sharing the cards I made for my "moms" for Mother's Day ... I was actually taking a nap (something I NEVER get to do!!) right before I sat down to create these ... and to be HONEST I was only HALF sleepin' because I kept trying to lay these cards out in my head the WHOLE time!! Kept telling myself, "You GOTTA get up and get those cards made!!" Hahaha ... I also seem to slightly remember dreaming about having a HUGE argument with my son ... whom I am not even REMOTELY peeved with ... and I can't even REMOTELY remember what we were arguing about in my dream ... so there ya have it.

The part I kept dreaming about the MOST was the background ... I knew I wanted to created a "subway art" sorta look with a bunch of different things, so this is what I came up with!!

I opened up my trusty ol' MDS software and pulled in two square punches, which I ten proceeded to resize to 3.25" x 4.5" and 4.5" x 3.25". I left the punches "empty" ... I just needed them as a frame of reference for size. I then proceeded to do searches in MDS for words that I knew would work on this background ("mom", "love", "family", "happy", etc.). Needless to say, there was a LOT to choose from. Yes, my name is Wendy and I AM an MDS addict!! I then proceeded to drag my words into my punch boxes (which were now actually RECTANGLES) so that they would be nicely arranged when I printed them out. I colored all of the words Crumb Cake. Once I had finished all that, I deleted the punch boxes (rectangles?) so that they wouldn't print out (they were just gray, so I didn't want them showing up!). Ta-DAAA!! That's all there is to it!!

Here is my second one, which is the "90-degree-flip" version of my first one (couldn't have my moms get the exact SAME card, now could I??)

Stamps: Petite Petals, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, In Color DSP, Maritime DSP
Ink: Real Red, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Petite Petals Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Word Window Punch, Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Burlap Ribbon, Paper Distressing Tool, Sewing Machine
MDS (My Digital Studio) Downloads: Holiday Blitz ("my mom"), Greatest Moments II ("you & me"), Moments Ago ("family" and "moments"), Hooray for Today ("fabulous friend" and "amazing"), Family Fun Photobook ("together", "happy", "remember", and "fun"), Amped Up Ampersands ("love"), Compilations of Recipes ("always"), Convention 2012 ("oh so fabulous"), All Time Fave ("the best")

Click "Back" to check out Melissa Stout and her wonderful creation, and/or the "Next" button to see the fantastic Amy O'Neill!


 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

3 comments:

Tanya said...

These are SO pretty! I love the words and the flowers!

Carol Carriveau said...

Gorgeous...both versions!

Creating on the Run said...

You are amazing, my fellow mds addict! your subway art background is fabulous! I love both cards!