Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy, Handy Dad!


I've been having the hardest time getting motivated to make cards for Father's Day. I just don't have a lot of stamps that are masculine. A friend of mine (hey, Pete!) was doing a little object lesson for the children in Sunday School He ended up buying a little package of tiny "tools" used for scrapping/card making or whatever (made by Karen Foster). He ended up not using them in his lesson, but he knew I was a crafty geek, so he gave them to me! I was off and running. I did this for SC126 on SCS. I finally found a use for the Creative Impressions brads I had, too! (The ones that look like straight-slot and Phillips screws!) I also can't stop using my paper distressor! The more I use it, the better it works. The stamp sets used here, all retiring, are Measure It Up (wheel), Crosshatch, Alphadots & Letter Prints. I kinda thought the thumbprint stamp looked like woodgrain. Paper colors are chocolate chip, close to cocoa, so saffron and really rust. I need to make another one using some of the other tools now!

8 comments:

KOstvig said...

very cute I have seen the brads but not the tools. Even Masculine
can be cute right!

Melinda McMillen said...

oh cool!! what a very great "man" card. i looove it!!

Stampin' Project Junkie! said...

Tag you're it!! Check out my blog!!!

Debi said...

Hey girlfriend, TAG your it!
Debi
check my blog for details

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Fantastic Card! Wow!

Judy Rozema said...

This is really a great card! I love all the details!

Emily said...

That looks awesome! The tools look great!

Laura Evangeline said...

I just LOVE this card!