Friday, February 8, 2008

CHA . . . Hooray!!

Hard to believe, but I am actually on an airplane headed to Anaheim and the wonders of CHA. This is going to be such an exciting week. It’s probably not good that I have exhausted myself in order to get ready to go (it is sooo hard when you are the mom!). This has been one of the craziest and busiest weeks I have had in quite a while, but I have, surprisingly, found time to do a little stamping for myself! AND, I was able to do a two-for-one challenge card on SCS this week, combining the color challenge and sketch challenge (CC152 & SC162).

This card was so much fun. I actually did something kind of similar last year with my Big Pieces and Little Pieces sets. When I saw that the color challenge was Real Red, Ballet Blue and Apricot Appeal, I thought to myself, “No way!” But when I looked at some of the samples, I was surprised at how much I liked it.

I also got to use one of my new Cuttlebug embossing folders . . .they announced this at CHA last July, and they were just barely available in my local store (Roberts, to be exact) last Monday. This one is “Swiss Dots”! I have been sitting, waiting and wishing for this baby (any Jack Johnson fans out there??) I LOVE it! Plus, I used my new “Love & Happiness” rub-ons from SU!

Stamps: Big Flowers, Little Flowers, Boho Backgrounds
Cardstock: Real Red, Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal
Punches: 1 3/8”, 1 ¼”, ¾” and ½” circle punches, horizontal slot punch
Accessories: Cuttlebug “Swiss Dots” embossing folder, red/white polka dot grosgrain ribbon, SU Love & Happiness rub-ons

Once again, I was headed off into “Butterfly Land” with this next card. It is card #23 in my own personal “Follow the Butterflies” challenge (see the link on the sidebar for more details). I can’t believe I have made 24 butterfly cards and haven’t used the same stamp set more than once! Scary! I actually have a lot more butterflies I haven’t used yet as well. I never knew I had so many!! (To be fair, several of my friends have stamped images and sent them to me! I’ve even had other friends sent me stamps and stamp sets with butterflies as well . . . hugs to all of you!!)

Once again, I got to play with the heart-shaped Nestabilities. I totally ADORE them (even though they are hijacked from my good friend, Eli!). I love these colors together. I made a similar gatefold card last summer when the new “In Colors” came out in SU’s catalog. I just mixed it up, using yet ANOTHER new Cuttlebug embossing folder. This one is called “Floral Fantasy”. I think texture is so great!! I’m sneakin’ those butterflies in everywhere I can . . . even on this Valentine’s Day card!!

Stamps: Butterfly (unknown), Houndstooth (background), Small Sayings
Cardstock, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi
Diecuts: Nestabilities Hearts
Accessories: Black/White gingham ribbon, rhinestone sticker, Stickles, Word Window Punch

I’ll post this after I get to the hotel. I look forward to my adventures this week. I will take some pictures and post them here as I get a chance! As always, thanks for lookin’!!!

2 comments:

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful cards Wendy! Can't wait to see some pictures from CHA!

KOstvig said...

So cute Wendy wish i had the tiem to create...everything looks great