Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More "In Color" Fun . . .

I am absolutely LOVING the new "In Colors" . . . every year I have sworn that I was NOT going to buy into them, but this year I am more hooked than EVER!! I think I am going to have to get an additional cupboard or something at some point to store all the stuff I keep getting . . . ink pads, reinkers, cardstock . . . it's going to take over my room!! YIKES!!

Anyway, I made a discovery last week that makes me happy . . . or is it sad??? Soft Suede is a couple of shades darker than True Thyme, which is several shades darker, but basically the same color, as River Rock. The three of them look FANTASTIC together, don't you think??? I am happy because I have found such an awesome color combo, but said that two of the colors are unavailable any more! What's a girl to do when she runs out?? Suffer, I guess . . .

I did both of these cards for WT223 - to use text/script as part of your card. This was actually the SECOND card I did (the first one is below). I can't remember the last time I actually "redid" a card . . . same colors, stamps, etc. . . . and just changed the layout. I liked the first one so much that I just decided to do a second one. So here ya have "In Colors" from THREE different years all working together. I'm not sure if it would be a GOOD thing for SU to just offer all the colors all the time or not. Since we are already up to 24 "in Colors" from the past four years, it would be hard to keep up with them AND the regular SU colors. Maybe they should replace a few . . . like, who REALLY uses Gable Green or YoYo Yellow??? Seriously!! But I digress . . .

Stamps: Kind and Caring Thoughts, French Script
Paper: Soft Suede, True Thyme, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, True Thyme, River Rock
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, wide oval punch, curvy label punch, soft suede polka dot ribbon, paper piercing tool/mat, pop-up glue dots

Here is another "wildly bright" combo I did last week for LSC225 - to incorporate a "foreign" phrase/word stamp. I don't really think I own more than a couple of 'em, so this is what I came up with. I used the Curvy Label punch, cut in half and layered. I like how this looks. I think I may just have to use it again! (Sadly, this card got spilled on and had to end up in the garbage . . . sigh . . . HATE it when that happens! At least I got a picture of it BEFORE it bit the dust!)

Stamps: Circle Circus, Merci
Paper: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Accessories: 1 3/4", 1 1/4", wide oval, large and small oval punches, scallop circle punch (for corners), curvy label punch, rich razzleberry polkadot ribbon, pop-up glue dots, paper piercing tool and mat, ice (clear) rhinestone brad

I am amazed at myself that all THREE of these cards are SUO (Stampin' Up Only). I don't always find it easy to do that, as I seem to have WAY more products that I can contain myself from using!!

I still have a bit more catching up to do as far as what I have to share with you, so come back again soon!

Have a sunny day,wherever you are!!

7 comments:

Connie M. said...

These are all so wonderful, Wendy!! Love the three browns together...wish I had some true thyme!! Your last card is so beautiful too! Love that color combo!

Vicki G said...

Your cards are gorgeous Wendy! I'm loving the new in colours as well!

Vicki

KanataNewf said...

Love your cards today - especially the first with all the lovely natural tones.

Terri H. said...

Wendy, I still have some true thyme, river rock and now the soft suede. They look wonderful together. Maybe if you run out I'll share with you---hmmm, maybe NOT--gotta hoard it for myself! lol

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to read your blog with the strips running through the words. Love your cards but I could not read the text.

Chris

Ashley said...

These are very pretty! :o) Love the layouts as well as the color combos. :)

Have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Ashley

Christyne said...

This is indeed a GORGEOUS colour combo! Your card is just STUNNING!