Saturday, November 7, 2009

For the LOVE of Chocolate!

Smiley from millan.netWe are fortunate to live in the oldest neighborhood in Salt Lake City. The reason I say that is because (a) all of the houses in our neighborhood are individually unique and cool looking, and (b) we have city ordinances that allow our neighborhood to not only have homes, but ALSO small business intermingled here and there. Hence, just two short blocks from my house is the most WONDERFUL little family-run chocolate shop! YUP! You heard me right! CHOCOLATE!! In fact, son #2 spends hours a week schlepping hot chocolates, hand-dipped chocolates and ice cream confections . . . but I digress . . .

Steve, the owner, asked me to make some gift cards for the shop. He wanted me to keep them relatively simple so that they could be relatively, um, how shall I say this? Relatively AFFORDABLE. Soooooo ... here are the cards I came up with (they all measure 3" x 3")! LOTSA pictures .... I know, I know .... but I couldn't stop myself!!







Card #2 (Don'tcha just LOVE the swirly-twirly background??? Used the Storybook cartridge on my Cricut to make that!)














Card #3 (More swirls, but of the embossed nature this time. Why is it that chocolate always makes us think swirly???)














Card #4 (I decided to do something a little more generic with this one. ANYthing made with Pocket Silhouettes is good!)













Card #5 (VERY simple card on this one ... I like the yummy colors, though!)















Card #6 (Thought we needed something a little more seasonal, so this is what I came up with for THAT!)








All in all, I made 60 little cards (10 of each!). I thought they turned out adorably (yes, I DO think I'm cool from time to time!)! Here is the little basket I put them in. I hope that they sell and I can make MORE of 'em!!

I am pretty much listing the supplies for ALL of the cards together, but I have tried to keep them in "order" from 1-6 (except in the cases where I have duplicated something I already used). Post a comment if you have any questions (y'all are pretty smart, though, so I am sure you can figure most of this out!)

Have a happy chocolate-y day!

Stamps: Oh So Sweet (VERY old SU set from 2003), Great Friend (sentiment only), Sweet Sampler, Pocket Silhouettes, Autumn Days
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, Whisper White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, River Rock, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Old Olive
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Garden Green, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, River Rock, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, More Mustard
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, silver brads, Crystal Effects, Cricut Storybook cartridge, chocolate satin polka dot ribbon (Papertrey), Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, scallop circle punch, Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, 5-petal flower punch, 1/2" circle punch, scallop punch, word window punch, wide oval punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, double scallop corner punch by Marvy, Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, paper piercing tool/mat

8 comments:

Antje said...

oh I love those small cards and especially the first one with the chocolate dipped strawberry is sooo yummy... I would buy this one immidiatly... unforuntaly its too far away from me, or lets say 'better', because I would not only buy your cards.... I would also buy chocolate, chocolate, chocolate *sight*

Aubri said...

I'm curious to the shops name-I lived in SLC for a while and have family there and would love to visit next time I'm there.

Shellys Crafts said...

I love your cards. I am making a few for the craft shows I'm going to be in. Your fall one is especially nice. thank you for always sharing such great ideas.

Lorie Betz said...

I love your cards. They are so adorable. I make many 3x3" cards too. They are so easy to tuck into a gift. May I ask? How much does he get for the cards? I never can figure out what to charge. Have a great day.

carolm said...

these are gorgeous cards!!! how much did "affordable" come to?

love them. wish i had a chocolate shop in my neighborhood.

xoxo

JanTink said...

What!?! No pictures of the CHOCOLATE?!?!? ACK!

Cute cards!

Wendy J. said...

Absolutely fabulous, Wendy!

Raspberri said...

Your cards are wonderful and do actually put one in the mood for chocolate. I'm going to look at the storybook cartridge. I didn't know it would do that cute background. Thanks.