Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday A-La Freaks!

Happy Birthday!! Well, at least Freaky-Style!! You should have just come from the AMAZING blog of my incredibly talented friend, Dawn Olchefske. I'm am never NOT floored by what she comes up with!

My first project today is just a color block card ... I love doing this sort of thing. A "block" card can be done for anyone of any age ... boys, girls, young, old ... just change up the colors and the images a little, and you're good ta go!!!

Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Real Red, Wild,Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Real Red
Accessories: Whisper White Satin Ribbon, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Bitty Buttons, Bitty Punch, Dimensionals

And what's a birthday without a banner to help celebrate it?? I was really trying NOT to use the "Create a Cupcake" stamp ... honest ... really ... but I couldn't help myself!! Those stinkin' cupcakes are just stinkin' ca-YOOT!!!


Here's a closeup ... my favorite thing to do with the cupcakes is to texturize the frosting with the Perfect Polka Dots and Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folders ... I'm just hooked, what can I say???

Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Lovely Letters
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Build a Cupcake Punch, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

Next stop on the hop?? Lee Ann Greff! Check it out!!



18 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Oh Wendy...Wendy...Wendy...those colors on your card are sooooo awesome and that BANNER...that would make ANYONE'S day! FANTASTIC!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Very fun CUPCAKE birthday banner!!! Wow! Great job!

Ilonka said...

Wow great Idea for a card! I have so many leftovers in my papers- so saved this idea !
Best wishes ILo

gbarron56 said...

Wendy -- your cupcake banner is AMAZING! Too stinkin' Cute! What a great idea -- thanks for the inspiration! Blessings, Gretchen

JoAnn said...

Fabulous projects. Love the banner and your card is great. TFS

Inking Idaho said...

Love the colors and what a great banner. Great use of the punches!
Becky

Deb said...

Super great projects! I just love the banner! And thanks for the great idea of texturizing the frosting on the cupcakes! Clever!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Great birthday banner! Awesome card!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Lov'n that banner Wendy!

Jen said...

Great projects. Love the banner!

Alicia said...

Love the colors! They're bright and cheerful but not too primaryish.

Shelli Deckard said...

I think its great you used the cupcakes....who doesn't love those little guys! Adorable post~!!

Dawn O (dostamping) said...

OH my - look at that banner - awesome!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Wow on the birthday banner!! That is definitely a keeper! And your card inspired me with an idea! Thanks Wendy, for awesome projects!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Love that block card...you are so right it's a perfect look for any occasion. And LOVE that cupcake birthday banner...Fantastic!!!

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy!

First of all, thank you for getting the He IS Able blog up and running again! I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help!

Also, I love that color block card! I have never seen that layout. I really need to try that...and that BANNER is Fabulous. I can see your love of cupcakes everywhere! lol

Does your Cricut Cake thingy work on cupcakes, too.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Holly said...

I love your banner. It is wonderful!!. The card is simple but very fun as well.

KOstvig said...

everything is fantastic