Friday, August 26, 2011

Up, Up & Away

I was soooo very happy when I saw these SMASHING hot air balloons when I got my first look at the 2011-12 IBC. I think the ONLY thing this set needs is a cool punch to cut them out (although, I am a self-confessed fussy cuttin' JUNKIE, so .... whatever ....)

I needed a card for my nephew's birthday ... once again I took a little inspiration from the awesome Mary Brown (and a card I created a while back for the Dirty Dozen gallery - and I can't show that one to ya!!). Here is a link to Mary's fun balloons:

Mary's Up, Up & Away

I am really proud of myself! Smiley from millan.net I decided this year that I was going to send out birthday and anniversary cards to everyone on my husband's side of the family. We are all quite close and do a lot of things together as a family. Total number of cards by the end of the year??? 100!! Total I have done so far??? ALL OF 'EM!! (Not sure how many that is, but considering I am just finishing out August, I'm doing pretty darn good!)

We are headed out for one last summer fling to Bear Lake. I {{heart}} our summer excursions up there!! Considering that this weekend is my birthday, I am TOTALLY excited to get outta Dodge!! (If you don't' get the reference, look it up!!) AND, I'm gonna be 27!! (again!) YAY!! Smiley from millan.net

Stamps: Up, Up & Away
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Rich Regals Patterned Paper, First Edition DSP, Crumb Cake
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Circle Cutter, Simply Scored, Mini Silver Brads, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOL...you are such a bundle of energy, but then I guess turning 27 this w/e explains it all...you're SO YOUNG! :-) LOVE this card and wow, what a great goal to send out all those cards! I'm so bad about letting cards pile up until I have this humongous stash! Happy birthday, Wendy! Hope you have a special day!

Dorothy T said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.
Love the card.

Linda said...

Wendy I absolutely love this card. I know that your nephew will also love it. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Leigh said...

Absolutely fabulous card. Love the balloons.

Jean McKenzie said...

Love your card!! What a great sketch and colours. What a good idea to pleat the paper.