Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby, Oh Baby!

Who doesn't love the feel of a warm, snuggly quilt? (Especially when it's COOOOOLD outside??!!??) That was the inspiration for this baby card ... to make a paper quilt!

I've been wracking and wracking my brain trying to come up with ANY ideas for a family Christmas card this year ... I'm thinking I may have to do something "quilty" ... hmmmm .... not quite sure, but I gotta do SOMEthing pretty soon, or else I'm going to run out of time!! YIKES!! (I am forever going to be haunted by the pop-up Christmas tree card I did a couple of years ago ... I mean ... REALLY ... how does one top a POP-UP CHRISTMAS TREE?? I DO have a reputation to uphold, don'tcha know??!!??) If any of you have any ideas/links to cards that are particularly unique, amazing or different (not to mention AWESOME!!), I'd certainly appreciate the inspiration!!

Stamps: Letter It
Paper: Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant Patterned DSP, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Egglant
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Star Punch, Fluerettes, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Pretty in Pink Button, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Sewing Machine, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

So bright and pretty and a clever idea!

Bev Gerard said...

Wendy .. so are so cleverly guilty of thinkin' "quilty"! This is such an eye-catching combo! Sweet week to you!

~Bev

vdoyle8 said...

wow -- gorgeous card! All that sewing is so impressive!!!

Nancy Sanders said...

Love your card - and it can be used for so many things...to answer your question about inspiration for holiday cards, I saw a beautiful card using some new items from Flower Soft. It is a snow globe that you fill with the white Flower Soft. They have toppers that work with the domes. There is a demo at Paper Wishes using the products here:

http://www.paperwishes.com/webisodes/index.php?page=high&id=376

Pam said...

I do so love this card & I'm desperate for inspiration for baby cards. Is there a "baby boom" going on or is it just in my world? Everywhere I look there are baby bumps!! GORGEOUS card!!! (as usual)

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - like the 'quilted' background - and the colours are fab, such a change from pastels. Can't help you with a suggestion for a extraordinary card that would top your pop-up tree but have you thought of going in a totally opposite direction and making a CAS card - that would shock your recipients who are probably expecting something more complex - it's just an idea :) Elizabeth x