Thursday, December 27, 2012

Change of Pace ...

From Millan.NetWhile we are ALL recovering from the Christmas Day festivities, I decided to share a card with you that is a departure from all the holiday/winter-themed projects that have been showing themselves in ABUNDANCE for the past couple of months!

I was fortunate ... blessed ... enough to have been invited to a group meeting/Christmas get-together for Pam Morgan's downline (LOVE that woman!)! We had a grand ol' time stamping and swapping and EATING. The only "rules" for our shoebox swap was that they had to be using "current" SU products. Sooo ... since I had JUST received my new box of mini catalog preorder stuff, I decided to go with ... WHAT ELSE?? A butterfly!!

I haven't done "emboss resist" in AGES! This butterfly just ACHED to be done that way, so here she is!!! I used some Rose Red and Tangerine Tango for this particular butterfly ... one color just didn't seem to do it!!

I STILL have MILES and MILES of PILES and PILES in just about every stinkin' room in my house!! My goal for today is to see if I can get rid of at least HALF of them!! Wish me luck!!

Stamps: Swallowtail, Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Rose Red, Tangerine Tango, Versamark
Accessories: Oval Punch, Rose Red Seam Binding, Clear Embossing Powder
Photobucket

3 comments:

stampinjul said...

Beautiful card, Wendy! I wish I could've been at Pam's get together--maybe I can come up next time!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the way you featured this butterfly! When I saw the mini for the first time, I wondered how in the world that big, honkin' butterfly could be used on a card - lol! You make it look irresistible!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous!!!