Monday, January 14, 2013

Good Times ...

First things first ... here's a fun birthday card I made for my cousin's daughter who just had a birthday! But, this isn't the first card I made for her this year. Actually, I had started out making her a baptism/birthday card. It is customary for children to be baptized at the age of 8 in the LDS Church, so I got myself all geared up. I used my Cricut, embossed, be-ribboned, blinged ... it was a fabulous creation ... and then I went back on my list to double check her birthday and realized that, since her birthday was on December 29, I had miscalculated the dates and she had actually SEVEN and not EIGHT!! Back to the drawing board ... good thing my OTHER cousin (cousin #1's sister!) has a daughter who IS turning 8 next month, 'cause I'm READY!!

I got the inspiration for this cute little owl with balloons HERE. What a fun idea!! I hadn't ever thought of adding hearts to the owls body to make his wings look like they are a-flappin'!! Pure genius!!

From Millan.NetI'm headed back to Salt Lake from CHA in Anaheim today. It has been SOOO cold here!! (The highs during the day only get into the mid 50's!). And it is gonna be even COLDER at HOME ... where the HIGH temp is expected to be 12 ... sigh ... I've had SUCH a great time hanging with my friends and hanging out at Disneyland, too (can't be THIS close and NOT go there ... especially since my annual pass only has a couple of weeks left on it!)!

Aren't we gorgeous??? LOVE these ladies ... BEST part about coming to events like this is hooking up with the people ya know ... just fabulous! From left to right - Deb Felts, Lori Tecler, ME, Kate Baldwin, Karen Hunsaker and Lynn Mercurio.

Can't WAIT to start sharing the samples I made for Stampin' Up's Leadership Conference with you this week. Now that Leadership is actually over I am officially allowed to share what I made!

Stamps: Occasions Alphabet
Paper: Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Owl Builder Punch, Oval Punch, Heart-to-Heart Punch (retired), Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Designer Brads (retired)



Photobucket

1 comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Toooo cute...a slight breeze and those wonderful balloons will take off of the card....wonderful!