Monday, January 28, 2013

Whatzzit???



Huh?? As I was making samples for Stampin' Up's Leadership Conference I was wracking my brain trying to come up with things that were "different" for some of my samples. This is an example of one of those ... I had a pretty clear picture in my head what I wanted to make ... just not a very clear idea of what it was that I HAD when I was finished!!





See??? When you open it up, it has five cute little "pockets" inside made with the Petite Pockets Die ...

... and inside each pocket is a little "card" made with the Two Tags die ...

but ... What IS it??? "Five Reasons I Love You?" "Five Happy Birthday Wishes?" "Five 'Honey-Do' Certificates?" I guess that is up to whoever makes it, right? I'm still trying to figure it out!!

As for the dimensions (which I know I'm gonna get asked about), I can't exactly remember, since this was one of my last samples made and I had to get them in the mail to Stampin' Up. I think the overall dimension is 5.5" x 5.5". Let's see ... two pieces of cardstock that were 5.5" x 7.5", scored at 5.5",6" and 6.5" along the 7" side. Fold the scored lines "valley/mountain/valley" and overlap the valleys from each piece to created a fold in which you can tuck the pockets. Does that makes sense? I hope so!! (I'm guesstimating the overall measurements since I didn't write them down ...)

From Millan.NetIt snowed yesterday so we FINALLY have some blue sky today (living in a "bowl" with mountains on either side of the valley makes Salt Lake City have the WORST air quality in the US until a storm system can come in and blow it all out!). YAY for blue skies!

Stamps: Oh, Hello
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler Basic Black
Accessories: Petite Pockets Die, Two Tags Die, Basic Black Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die, Paper Piercing Essentials Pack
Photobucket

3 comments:

Audrey Hiltke said...

This is so cute Wendy! I can think of lots of things for this - some of which you already named. Love the design!!
Hugs,
Audrey

Diana Eichfeld said...

This is so awesome Wendy! Definately lots of possibilities, thanks for Sharing!

Diana

Donna said...

Totally love your commentary and presentation Wendy; you have me laughing! Of course, I never cease to admire your beautiful and awesome creations! Thanks for sharing! Loved learning a bit about SLC too, LOL! Glad all is well; thanks for always sharing and inspiring!! Cheers, Donna