Thursday, December 4, 2014

MDS Blog Hop - Welcome to December!

Hey, friends! Welcome to another fantastic hop with the MDS Blog Hoppers! This week we are actually SUPPOSED to be sharing some sort of Christmas Memory/Tradition project ... and I am going to admit right up front that I am cheating ... I worked my fingers to the bone last week working on a project that was challenging on so many levels, so I just wanted to share parts of it with you.


In my last blog post I mentioned what I had been working on ... the daughter/granddaughter of some dear family friends was tragically taken at the sweet and tender age of 12. I felt so honored, humbled and blessed to have been asked by the family to make a memorial book to share at the funeral. I received SO many photos from family and friends that I was able to use them to make a slideshow to be used at the viewing prior to the funeral as well (I used MDS images to make a label for the DVD's, too!).

I definitely know I had the help of some angels to do this project (most particularly sweet Addy!). I kept all of the pages quite simple ... I used the "chalkboard" DSP from the "My First Day" download, as well as the Bright Blooms and Sara's Sequins as accents to the photos ...

I was somehow able to complete 36 pages in one day!! And thanks to the help from the photo department at Costco, I was able to get them all printed into beautiful 12x12 photos in the same day (with the funeral being right after Thanksgiving, time was VERY short!).

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to do something for people who I love, care about and respect. When tragedy strikes it is often so easy to feel helpless ... I was glad to have had something I could DO to help (even if it was in a small way).

Next up??? The awesome Amber Meadows!! Click on the "next" button below to see what she has to share!


 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wendy, what an absolutely beautiful way to support your friends through this! I'm sure this means more to them than can ever be expressed. Your talent is such a blessing to others!

KOstvig said...

Love your Project, Your generosity and Diligence in doing such a wonderful thing. It turned out beautiful and I hope you've recovered from all the hard work and can enjoy the rest of your holiday season now.

Judy McMullen said...

What a beautiful tribute to this sweet girl and a blessing to those who loved her! Blessings to you, Wendy, for this wonderful gift!! Yes, I do believe Angels were guiding, inspiring, encouraging you in this creative endeavor.

stampinjul said...

What a beautiful blessing for this family! Your kindness is inspiring!

Design With Ink said...

They are your family friends?! Oh I am so sorry. They live in my neighborhood. I don't know them personally, but my friends do and they are in my stake. It has broken my heart and I think about them all the time. I know they know this, but please make sure they continue to know how many people love them and care about them. And if you ever hear of anything I can do...please tell me!!!