Friday, September 23, 2016

Cleanin' Up

Ok ... I'm going to totally come clean. My craft room has been an absolute DISASTER since about April. NOT kidding. Which is why I haven't done a ton of stamping. I was so wrapped up in training for the Great Wall Marathon ... and then traveling to China and DOING the Great Wall Marathon ... and then getting back into the swing of things once I got back. I just haven't been "feeling it". I stamped this card today for FUN. I actually "borrowed" the stamps and dies to make this from one of my bestest customers (her order was sitting here unused ... it NEEDED some attention!).

Stamps: Thoughtful Branches
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Peekaboo Peach, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine Trio Pack, Pearl Basics

Soooooo ... last week one of my friends asked if I'd do a card class with her and some of her friends. Of course I said yes. BUT this meant that I HAD to finally take a backhoe and forklift into my craft room and see if I could find any flat surfaces. After spending the better part of last Friday cleaning-cleaning-cleaning and then having the friends over to stamp, I FINALLY had a clean craft space. Something I hadn't had for MONTHS!! And I felt that I could FINALLY have people over and invite them down to my basement (which is where my craft room is ... on the opposite end of our family room). Fast forward to this week ... hubby gets a bee in his bonnet and decides that son #2 (who has been living with us since January) needed to be moved into the former room of son #1 (who hasn't actually lived here since 2007) because it had more wall space and a bunch of built in shelves for storage. And with that, hubby spent two days boxing up all the things that are still here that belong to son #1 and helping son #2 move into the former room of son #1. Still with me??? Subsequently, my basement was clean for a grand total of THREE days. The net result??? My basement is a TOTAL DISASTER (again! but now WORSE!!). Boxes, piles of boxes, piles of clothes, piles of paper. My hubby's "answer" to this is that we can "pick through the boxes" a little here and there for the next few months until it's all sorted out (with the help, of course, from both sons #1 and #2). AREYOUFREAKINKIDDINGME???? I'm supposed to leave my basement in utter upheaval for the next few months through the holidays???? Ummm .... no ... not gonna happen. I need some order in my life!!! SHEESH!!! So I need to get my boys in gear and get the mess cleaned up!! Sigh ...

At least I can stamp in my CLEAN half of the basement (otherwise known as my craft space!!).

 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

No comments: