Sunday, March 1, 2020

Monday Montage #159

What's better than creating a card for the Monday Montage Blog Hop??? Creating a card for the monday Montage Blog Hop in the very same room with one of my BFFs and fellow Monday Montager, Bree Renwick!! I drove up to Walla Walla to hang with her boys (and some of their friends) at a TobyMac concert. We had SO MUCH FUN!! Long walks, singing, dancing, stamping, eating and overall having a very nice, long and relaxing weekend!! Came back home to Salt Lake City to find the ground covered with snow ... uggggghhh! My body and brain are SO confused!!

Something else FUN about stamping with a friend??? SHARING stamps/dies that you don't have and SHE does ... and vice versa! I have been eyeing the "Happy Birthday to You" stamps/dies. Since Bree had them in her stash I was able to play with them. Oh how I LOVE them!! This card was inspired by the oh-so-talented Stesha Bloodheart. I love the combination of a really strong color (in this case Lovely Lipstick) with a nice shade of gray (as in Gray Granite). It just looks so rich and lovely. I used some Versamark ink to stamp the image, then I added some Whisper White embossing powder and heat embossed the image. A blender pen and a little bit of Gray Granite reinker help define the lines and make the cake look like it has some dimension. I did the same thing with the flowers and some Lovely Lipstick ink. I think I am going to be submitting an order for this whole suite for myself!!

Stamps: Happy Birthday to You
Paper: Lovely Lipstick, Granite Gray, Watercolor, Vellum
Ink: Lovely Lipstick, Granite Gray, Versamark
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Birthday Dies, Leaf Punch, Sprig Punch, Metallic Pearls, Stone Embossing Folder, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon

Here's a blog roll just in case you get "stuck" trying to hop around ...

Monday Montage Hoppers
Amy O'Neill - Amy's Paper Crafts - SITTING OUT THIS WEEK
Breelin Renwick - Craft-somnia Momma
Cathy Casey - Sugar Shack Designs - SITTING OUT THIS WEEK
Charlet Mallet - Painted Orange
Cheryl Curtis - Pomp and Sustenance
Dani Dziama - Dani's Thoughtful Corner
Elizabeth Price - Seeinginkspots
Julie Warnick - Julie Warnick Stampin' Up! Blog - SITTING OUT THIS WEEK
Melissa Stout - The Stamp Doc
Wendy Weixler - Wickedly Wonderful Creations - YOU'RE ALREADY HERE!!

Why is it that just DRIVING makes you SOOOOO tired??!!?? Honestly, I have never been able to figure that out!! Drove 8 1/2 hours today and am WIPED OUT! I think I need another weekend ...

Speaking of my BFF Bree, click "Next" to see what Bree Renwick made while we were playing stamps together ... and "Back" to check out Melissa Stout ... you'll be glad you checked out ALL the posts for this hop ... everyone hit a HOMERUN!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: