Monday, July 19, 2021

Freakin' Animal Antics



I'm having a WEEK! Holy cow!! I am LATE getting my post up, mostly because I got stuck for HOURS last night about 26 miles from home due to some INSANE road construction on my way home from Bear Lake! I had planned to work on my projects, and instead I ended up watching "Quiet Place II" on my phone in my car because YES that is just how SLOW the traffic was!! Had to work today and run a couple of errands after work, so I was VERY late getting started! Looks like  Melissa Stout and I were feeling the same vibes for this month's "Animal Antics" theme, as we BOTH used the "Count On Me" set!! It's SOOOO cute!
These little dancing penguins remind me of "It's a Jolly Holiday" from the original "Mary Poppins" movie. That has long been a favorite of mine ... and I had to add some brightly primary colors because I just can't imagine these cute little penguins any other way!

Stamps: Count On Me
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, 
Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, Watercolor
Ink: Black Memento, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in
Smoky Slate, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party
Accessories: Stitched Triangle Dies, Messages Dies, Basic Borders Dies, Real Red Double Stitched Satin Ribbon, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Wink of Stella










I had to show y'all a close up so you could see the twinkly Wink of Stella on the penguins and balloons ... I love this sparkly stuff!!

I must apologize for this card.  I was nearly done with it when I realized (GASP!!) that the Well Suited DSP had RETIRED (I haz a sad!)!! Which is another reason I am late posting ... I needed to make something that didn't have any retired bits on it.

The first time I really "noticed" this adorable stamp set is when I saw the adorable tags made and posted by Esther Collmar from Germany! She made little DSP overalls for this stinkin' cute bear!! I knew I HAD to "copycat" her in some way, so here is what I came up with!

Stamps: Count On Me
Paper: Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Real Red, Whisper White, Watercolor, Well Suited DSP (retired)
Ink: Black Memento, Stampin' Blends in Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Basic Borders Dies, Stitched Whimsy 
Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Playful Alphabet Dies, Trio Corner Punch

The saga continues ... I went in for an MRI on my terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad foot last Thursday. I have the privilege of going back to my foot doc tomorrow morning to see what the final verdict is (I'm thinking ... dare I say HOPING?) that surgery to correct whatever is messed up! After 18 months of anti-inflammatories, icing, heating, elevating, massaging, night splints, day splints, orthopedic boots, steroids and physical therapy, I feel that this will be the ONLY way I can start moving forward (and dare I say RUNNING???) and get my stinkin' life back to a more normal thing! Wish me LUCK!!

Lucky me because I am once again in the center of a "Melissa" sandwich! Next up is Melissa Davies! Her darling Turtle & Friends creations are spot on!! I love them, and you will, too!

photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: