Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Why is it that, as stampers, we sometimes have NO time to stamp??? With the holiday season nearing its zenith, I feel like I'm running around with my tail on fire! I'm nearly done shopping (only need a few stocking stuffers), my packages have been mailed and my Christmas cards are done (yay!), so I am now switching gears to neighbor gifts and the dreaded wrapping fest (which I have to admit I probably won't get to until the 22nd or 23rd - after everyone is in bed!).

I finally got my Christmas cards done, but I have to laugh at myself. I designed and made about four of what I had chosen to do for my card around the first part of October (it is posted on here back then - Holy Triptych card). Anyway, after staring at it for over two months I was pretty bored with it. I had all the cardstock and ribbon and everything! Sooooo, when I sat down to start my cards last Saturday, I made something TOTALLY different. Instead of a 3x6 trifold, I made a 5.25" x 5.25" square. Instead of Holy Triptych, I made a wreath with stamps from Peaceful Wishes and Pines.

A few things on this one - I trace a circle lightly with a pencil (used one of the "rings" from my CM circle cutter and made a 4" circle). Then, I stamped around the circle with the stamp that kind of looks like mistletoe from "Peaceful WIshes" all around the circle using Bordering Blue (my Going Gray was getting weak, and I don't seem to have a refill!). Next, I stamped the pine image from "Pines" using Basic Gray. I stamped that same image around the circle a second time, this time using a silver Encore pad. Finally, I stamped the berries with another stamp from "Peaceful Wishes". Next, I used some Crystal Ice Stickles on the berries and some White Opal liquid pearls to accent the pine images that were stamped in the Basic Gray only. It's hard to see in the photo, but the white paper is actually kind of pearly (think brushed gold or brushed silver paper, only in white). I also used stickles on the "joy" sentiment, as I was too lasy to do dazzling diamonds with a versamark and iridescent ice glitter - the is the first card I have done in years that didn't require an embossing dryer! Hooray!

Stamps: Peaceful Wishes, Pines, Small Script
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Pearly White (I didn't have enough SU shimmery white, so I found this at a local paper store)
Ink: Going Gray, Bordering Blue, Silver Encore, Purely Pomegranate

And here is my weekly butterfly card. I have been really good about keeping up on these. I think this is number #16 (which means I only have 88 more to go!). It's a good thing my son doesn't mind getting "girlie" butterfly cards!! Here is a link to my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge if you would like the details:



http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/656043?cat=500&ppuser=79179 (for some dumb reason the "link" button isn't working - I'll keep trying to fix it, but you'll just have to copy and paste the address, or go to my previous post if you want the details!)

My dear friend, Karen (imastampin on SCS) sent me these beautiful "Ageless Adornment" butterflies in my "elf" package (for those of you unfamiliar - there was a little "game" going around on SCS a few weeks ago where someone "elfed" you - promised to send you a little package - where you "elfed" two new people in return). I used the image stamped and embossed in gold on shimmery white paper. All other cardstock is either brushed gold or vanilla. I was thinking of doing something wintery and these lovely butterflies showed up (along with some other fun goodies! Thanks, Karen!) This also happened to fit WT144 on SCS, where the challenge was to make a monochromatic card - weird how I made this the very day the challenge was posted when I hadn't even seen it yet!

Stamps: Ageless Adornment, Wishing You
Cardstock: Brushed Gold, Shimmery White, Very Vanilla

I hope all of you have the most joyous of holiday seasons, and that the love of friends and family warm your hearts and souls this season. Thanks for visiting my blog and giving me encouragement. You have lifted my spirits and given me confidence in more ways than you all know. Have a wonderful and prosperous New Year as well (but I DO plan to be back before we hit January 1). Hugs to all!

1 comment:

KOstvig said...

They are all very nice Wendy...You are way ahead of me I still have some Challenges to catch up on...Lov ethe Butterfly cards just Beautiful once again