Friday, January 29, 2010

Home Again, Home Again ...

What a GREAT trip we had!! The only thing I have to say that was NOT good about it was the weather getting there and coming back home. Rain, snow, snowpack, hydroplaning, accidents in every direction ... it took us TWO hours just to get out of Los Angeles last Wednesday! Sheesh!

This is what we looked like as we were waiting for a cab on Wednesday afternoon. We ran over to Downtown Disney to do a little last-minute shopping, and it was POURING when we came out!! And, of course, there were NO cabs when we got out to the curb!! Not the most flattering picture, but we thought it was funny that we were getting so soaked!! (And I can't help but think about Nora Ephron's book, "I Feel Bad About My Neck" when I look at this photo!!)

So we drove and drove and drove some more ... we were soooo far behind that we actually stopped in Vegas at the good ol' Motel 6 to get some shut-eye. I was VERY grateful for a warm, clean bed!! (Always loved those old Motel 6 commercials, "We'll leave the light on for ya!" Guess I am REALLY showing my age!)

Funny story ... the first time we took our boys (ages 8 and 5 at the time) to Disneyland, my son, Garrett (who was the 5-year-old) posed for what has turned out to be one of my all-time FAVE photos. In it, he was just finishing up one of those chocolate-covered, Mickey-shaped ice cream bars. He was sporting an ear-to-ear, chocolate-lip-covered grin. LOVE it!! So, as an ode to him, Amelia and I posed for this so that we could send it to him and show him how much we missed him and were thinking of him ... (at least I don't feel bad about my neck in THIS photo!!)

Last night I went to a party for a very dear friend of mine. She and her husband are moving to California to be closer to her ailing mother. We have had some of the most awesomely-amazing, fun-filled trips with them. We were all asked to bring an 8 1/2" x 11" page for a little "goodbye book" that they were putting together for her. This is what I came up with using My Digital Studio. I printed it out on my home printer and it turned out FABULOUSLY!!! We are sooo gonna miss them. Good thing they are coming back in the summer to do another fantabulous river trip with a bunch of our friends!!

Hugs to all for a GREAT weekend!!

3 comments:

Wendy J. said...

You do an excellent job with the scrapbook pages, Wendy! I love your creativity with MDS! Fabulous!

Kim J. said...

Wendy, if I'd only known you were at CHA, too! Sounds like you had a great time! See you in Chicago? (As if we didn't live in the same town.) I'll be the spaz in the Creating Keepsakes sweater. :)

Dantem said...

you've got a really nice blog..