Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad . . .

It was my dad's birthday last Tuesday. I tried and tried calling him all day at work . . . no luck. I called him after work. Mom said he wasn't there and to call back in a little while. I FINALLY got a hold of him at around 9:30 at night! I was afraid I was going to miss him altogether on his birthday. Glad I finally connected. We then made plans to go out to lunch on Thursday.

I got up bright and early on Thursday and made him this birthday card (which also went along with SCS WT166 - to use "inchies" (stamps with images that will fit in a 1" square). As it turned out, it ALSO fit perfectly with yesterday's challenge - LSC168 - which was to use alphabet stamps as your focal point. So this card ended up being a two-fer without me even trying. Cool!!

I cut my cardstock at the regular dimensions - 4.25" x 5.5" - but I folded it a little differently. It is folded at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" along the 8 1/2" inch side (that would 2 1/8" down from the top edge and 2 1/8" up from the bottom edge).

Stamps: It's a Celebration (Papertrey), Collage Alphabet
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, So Saffron
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, dimensional

No comments: