Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ink, but No Stamps!!

Have you ever had one of THOSE weeks??? I have been having one this week, and have not had ANY time to "play" with my stamps (and they are getting lonely)!! I decided to post this little card I made for Spellbinders last month. Isn't it just the springiest???

One of the girls on our design team (that would be Michelle Klomp . . . hey, girl!!), figured out a fun little technique that NONE of us had ever tried, and I used it on this card. Before running the diecut sandwich (white embossing plate, white spacer plate, die - face up, cardstock, white embossing plate) through the Wizard, she inked up the die. You then run the sandwich through again, this time with the "embossing recipe" without removing the die. What??? The stack would then be white embossing plate, die, cardstock, tan embossing mat, white embossing plate. Basically, I used SU craft spots and "sponged" up the cutting side of the die (the one with the raised edge). You really only need to make sure the ink covers the area INSIDE the raised edges. Then, when you run the whole sandwich through, the ink transfers to the cardstock in the "positive" spaces. It totally adds a WHOLE new dimension and makes these Spellbinder dies just "POP" right off the page! I did it on the wheelbarrow with Chocolate Chip craft ink, and again on the flowers, using various colors. I LOVE the effect!! I will be doing a tutorial with photos in the next day or so (life has been really nutso this week . . . . loooonnnnggg story!). If you are anything like me, photos are a MUST (I'm totally a visual learner!!).

The card is a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock, scored at 4 1/4" and 8 1/2". I used the outside edge of CM circle cutter to trace the "flap" edge to give it a more rounded look. I also used a Fiskars texture plate to emboss the cardstock on the front of the card.

I really hope I get a chance to stamp today, but it may not be until tomorrow, as I have a very full schedule!! I HATE weeks like this!!

Stay tuned for step-by-step photos!!

Cardstock: ColorMates by WorldWin - Lt. Chocolate Malt, Lt. Pretty Pink, Dark Pretty Pink, Deep Pretty Pink, Lt. Sunshine Yellow
Accessories: Glue Dots, Creative Impressions Flowers Clip and Sparkly, Brad, Paper Glide by Inspired Crafts, American Crafts Butterfly Ribbon, Fiskars "Whimsy" texture plate, paper piercing tool, Circle Cutter by Creative Memories
Spellbinders: Wizard, Flower Creations Die (S4 072) and Wheelbarrow Die (S3 136)

1 comment:

Hulda Pollock said...

What a great idea! It really does pop the images!