Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Ran Away From Home!!

Literally!! I still can't believe I did it!!

On Monday, I was talking to my dear friend, Karen (imastampin on SCS). I was telling her I needed to get outta town and she said I should just come and visit HER . . . in Phoenix!! Guess what?? I got in my car that afternoon and just did it!! I drove halfway on Monday (stayed in our family's house by Zions National Park), then drove the rest of the way yesterday!! Can you believe it??? I still can't (although my backside can!)!!

And the sign of a TRUE friend??? One that gets up early (like me), and before EITHER of us dressed, ate breakfast or showered we RAN to the craft room to do today's SCS sketch challenge!!! hehehehehe!! (Karen wants me to point out, however, that at least SHE brushed her teeth!!)!

Which brings me to today's card for SC228. I LOVE that Karen has butterfly stamps that I DON'T have!! This one is SO darling!! This is officially card #90 in my "Follow the Butterflies" challenge, too!! WOWZA!!! (There's a link on the sidebar to the right if you have no clue what I am talking about!)

We are gonna stamp, watch old movies, eat junk, take naps and read . . . and stamp some more! I still can't believe I'm here . . . :)

Stamps: Thankful Thoughts, Polka Dot bg
Paper: Pacific Point, YoYo Yellow, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Black Memento, Basic Black craft
Accessories: Spellbinders Large Scalloped Octagon (S4-185), Large and Small Labels (S4-168 and S4-169), 1 1/4" circle punch, black/white polka dot organza ribbon, dimensionals, clear embossing powder

7 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Have fun girlies!

Christi Flores said...

How fun!! I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast!

Connie M. said...

Such a very fun card, Wendy...my friend...now, when you are done at Karen's you need to hop in your car and drive on down here...it is only two more hours! LOL!!!

Glad you are having fun, and you are getting the break you need!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Wendy, I know you and Karen are going to have so much fun together! Enjoy your time away! Love your card too!

Clarinda said...

What a great Friend! A Keeper! I remember times I wish I had a haven to run too! lol Have fun!

Maureen Vollaro, LCSW-R, P.C. said...

Let me know the next time you have to run away from home.... New York is here and waiting for you!! LOL Hope you have fun!

TN Granny said...

Sure you couldn't run away when I lived in Phoenix. You two have a fun time and enjoy every minute of it sounds like your making some fun memories.

God Bless,
Jeanine