Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catching Up - Challenge Cards

I did these cards for challenges over on SCS a little over a week ago. It's funny how time flies and seems to just sneak away from us, isn't it??

This first cards was one of those quickie 15-minute cards (which, I have to admit, aren't something I am able to pull off very often ... I am more an an at-least-one-hour-to-create cards! I saw the color challenge (CC239) and felt kinda skeptical (as I OFTEN do!). It was to use White, Mellow Moss and some sort of taupe-y color (kraft, etc. - I used Sahara Sand). This card just sort of tumbled out as I pulled out my newly-acquired-but-yet-to-be-used Movers and Shapers die. This is yet ANOTHER one of those things that I just did NOT need to have. I was NOT going to buy it! I did NOT have any interest in it ... we've all heard it before!! Smiley from millan.net

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss, Whisper White
Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Accessories: Movers & Shapers Bigz die with curvy label, curvy label punch, small oval punch, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, white taffeta ribbon

And last Friday it was my turn to hostess the LSC (LSC241). The challenge I threw out there was to go back to basics ... stamps, paper and ink ... and NO embellishments!! AAAACCCCKKKK! What???!!??? No ribbon???? No brads or buttons??? Smiley from millan.net I found this very challenging myself!! I DID, however, allow the use of embossing folders and/or diecuts (which included punches). Whew!! Don't know if I could've pulled it off WITHOUT those!!

Stamps: Pumpkin Patch
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Large oval punch, modern label punch, Martha Stewart spiderweb border punch, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, paper distressing tool, dimensionals

And, just as a point of clarification (since I have been asked a time or two) . . . I AM still staying with Stampin' Up. This is a decision that was not reached lightly, as I put much thought and consideration into it. As I had already made my commitment to Innovative Stamp Creations BEFORE SU made their announcement about design teams, I am being given the opportunity to fulfill that commitment (something I NEVER doubted that SU would allow me to do!)! So, for the time being, I will be switching hats on a regular basis!!

1 comment:

Kim P said...

Wow...love these projects! I will have to CASE that color challenge card!!