Monday, October 26, 2009

Quicker Than I Thought . . .

I was able to make this card for LSC243 - Girlie Girls! - in much less time than I usually do. In fact, I think it only took me about 15-20 minutes. WHY IS THAT??? Why is it that it sometimes takes more than an hour to make one stinkin' card, and other times they just seem to come together? Not quite sure ...

The challenge was to make a "girly" card ... no problem-o, right? Aren't most of our cards "girly?" Ribbon, flowers, swirls, bling ... I find it more of a challenge to make a manly-man card, actually. Guess that will by my challenge for another day.

Funny side note ... we went to a family event over the weekend (a missionary farewell for our cousin's son) where I was planning on taking a card and putting a little money in it for him. We got there and I discovered that I had forgotten one! YIKES! My husband, being the truly good guy that he is, offered to run home and get one. He asked, "Where should I get a card?" "In my craft room downstairs," was my reply. "Okay," says he, "Where exactly should I get one?" HUH??? My ENTIRE ROOM is covered with cards ... on the counters, on the corkboard, on the magnet boards ... I mean those things are EVERYWHERE!! I thought he was kidding at first! Kinda cracks me up!! "Just pick anything," I told him. He came back with a pretty good choice, too (it had fall colors and a "warm wishes" sentiment ... so glad he didn't pick one that said "Happy Birthday" or "Get Well Soon!")!

Stamps: For All You Do
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon, large and small tag punches, photo corner punch, antique brads, dimensionals

7 comments:

Kim P said...

This is FANTASTIC!! It would take me an hour to cut out those flowers! LOL! I *need* to buy this stamp set!

Annie said...

ooh, I love it! I love all these colors :)

Terry Molineux said...

Wendy love the card. I know what you mean. Some times I take forever to come up with something. You know what I find. When it's a card for me I take forever. But when I am helping a friend or a customer....the ideas flow like crazy and we get the cards done quickly.

What a great hubby. I don't think mine would have done that! Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Eli said...

Very nice card. So pretty...and, well, girly! Love the "where do I get a card story."
Eli

Selma said...

Boy this card really caught my eye. This is so pretty. Love your story.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Very cute!!!! I admire the cut-work...love all tedious details!!! Hope you are doing well...miss you at ODBD!!!

Shari Nelson said...

Very nice card! I'm glad your husband came through too! Yeah, I love it when they get it right without a lot of direction. (Though my husband would probably do just fine too since I have my cards organized and easy to find. It's when he has to cook that is so difficult!)