Monday, April 26, 2010

How. Stinkin'. Ca-YOOT is THIS???

I have a Cricut ... and I am embarrassed to admit how many cartridges I have ... but suffice it to say it is waaayyyy more than anyone SHOULD have, and waaayyyy more than should sit gathering dust! So, I am committed to trying to use it more so that I can somewhat justify my obsession, er... um ... NEED to keep buying more cartridges!!

Which is where this card came from. Isn't this monkey just the cutest thing EVER???? I am totally LOVING him. The cartridge I got him from (Create a Critter) is gonna be one of my faves, I can tell! Actually, I have a goofy story as to how I justified buying it. My sister-in-law has a Crciut, and like ONE cartridge. Her daughter just turned 13 a couple weeks ago and is really starting to get interested in scrapbooking. Soooo.....I decided to buy the cartridge for HER, but not before loading the thing onto my Gypsy! (I called and asked my sister-in-law FIRST if she had any plans to get one .... riiiiiiggghhhht .... and she said, "By the time I ever even THINK about getting something like THAT they will have come out without something else entirely!") So, there ya have it!! Color me happy!! Smiley from millan.net

Stamps: Wild About You
Paper: So Saffron, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Garden Green, Basic Black
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Cricut Create a Critter, modern label punch, large oval punch, Sizzix Animal Print (leopard spots) textured impressions folder, soft suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon, pop-up glue dots

9 comments:

JanTink said...

it's totally FABOO!!! Love it!

coldwaters2 said...

Totally fabulous card Wendy love that monkey and your little story. I have a Cricut but only one cartridge unfortunately I don't use it as much as I should but just can't afford the cartridges.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Pinky Roth said...

Wendy, this is absolutely adorable! I, too, have the cricut and the gypsy and do not use them very much. I do not scrap nearly as much as I should. I am 4 years behind in my scrapping of my grandchildren due to my addiction to stamping and making cards. I am trying to incoporate my stamping w/my scrapping as well!

Betty Neville said...

This is adorable!

Eli said...

You're right...he is stinkin' Keyoot!

Shari Nelson said...

This is cute! Glad to see you put your money and talent(!) to good use!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy~

What a great card! I also have a cricut and about 8 cartrdiges. I love their flowers in "Walk in my Garden!" It cut out the cutest flower assortment for me. I cut them all on white, so I could paint them. I couldn't believe I didn't make it my number one piece to use on cards. GORGEOUS flowers and plants. And, I just bought one that doesn't come in a box (yeah Earth/Boo! Storage.) It has all of the neat shapes that other machines make their stylish layer papers! It has a scalloped square, a trio of 3 connected butterflies. I just need the patience to use it. I'm with you, however, you have such a great card, "Hang in there!" haha
I think I will dust mine off today!

Thanks for the inspiration.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

p.s. ??? I do not understand how you use the separate pieces if you choose that choice. Let's say you wanted a red vest for your monkey friend, brown body, black for eyes, nose, foot pads...red for mouth. Do you just print them on white...and color them? Thank you so much!

TN Granny said...

Wendy,
Your card is precious, I don't have the Cricut, I have way to much stuff already.
Stampin Hugs,
Jeanine
Blog Candy Anniversary
www.blstamper.blogspot.com

Kadie in Arizona said...

Wendy: I LOVE your card - How adorable. And...how swweet of you to buy your sister-in-law the new cartridge-YOUR ROCK. I had read somewhere if I load my cartridges on to a gypsy that it would erase the software and I couldn't use it in my cricut machine. It said that you would have to pick what source you wanted to use your cartridge - through your gypsy or through your machine. Sounds like you know something different. Can you please clarify this for me? I was going to surprise my daughter with a gypsy and wanted to load all my cartridges on the gypsy for her......but......wouldn't want to do that if I'm going to delete them all after loading them. LOVE YOUR BLOG - you rock girlfriend.