Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm in a BOOK!

Waaayyyyy back last fall I was contacted by the folks at CardMaker because of something they had seen on my blog. I was told that they were publishing an interactive card book, and they asked me if I would make some sample for it!! Wahooo!! How totally COOL!! (The only sad thing is that I made FOUR cards for them, and it looks as though only THIS one made it into the book!) They had originally asked me about the hinged card, since they had seen the tutorial I had done on my blog/youtube ... hopefully it will get used somewhere else because it was MAHvelous!!


I had never actually made a waterfall card before making this one ... they just asked if I knew how to do one (which I did), so then they asked me to make them one. As FAB-OOO as this card is, though, I personally think it was the weakest of the four I sent them ... go figure!! And my BFF JanTink is ALSO featured in the book ... THREE times!! She also submitted four projects for the book, and three of 'em got used (and she is DELIGHTING in rubbing it in ... okay, not really, but she is DELIGHTED to have THREE - while I only have ONE!!).








They are actually pretty fun to make, but I have to admit that it seems kinda weird making a card that you can't actually WRITE in (which is why I slapped onto the front of an actual A2-sized card ... at least you can write in the inside of THAT!)












Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Polka Dot bg
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard
Accessories: Punches – Butterfly, Large Oval, Small Oval, Horizontal Slot, handheld 1/16” circle punch, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Vintage Brads, pop-up glue dots









Here is a picture of the cover of the book (even though my card isn't on it, it's pretty cool!!)

Now, as for the wedding box template ... I am having issues creating a file that blogger will let me post. Since I can only put up jpgs (and NOT pdf's ... darn Blogger!), I want to make sure it is in "real size" for ya so that it will be useful ... stay tuned, 'cause it WILL be up by this weekend!!

15 comments:

Dawn O (dostamping) said...

a HUGE CONGRATS Wendy!

Judy McMullen said...

Congrats, Wendy! I would love to see the other creations you submitted.

Alex said...

Congrats to you Wendy!!! That is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

Congrats! That is way cool girl!

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Laurie Zoellmer said...

Congratulations! Your card is beautiful!!!

Terry Molineux said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You deserve it! Wow I want your autograph. First the Stampin Success now this! I so want to be you when I grow up! Kidding aside...love the card and would love to try the hinged cards too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wendy!
Diane

Betty Neville said...

Congratulations Wendy!! That is totally awesome! Your card is beautiful!

TN Granny said...

Wendy,
I am so proud of you, but I had no doubt you would be famous some day in the craft world with all you multi talent you deserve more recognition.
Stampin Hugs,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.com

Terri said...

This is totally cool Wendy! CONGRATULATIONS!! Well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Please share with me where I can purchase this book. It looks awesome. Blessings, MaryS

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Congratulations!!!!! How awesome - and I'm so happy for you!

Anniesgma said...

Wendy,
Congrats on the book!! It is so ironic because just today I got an email from Amazon.com with this book listed as one of the suggestions for me that I'd enjoy! I'm going to have to log on & purchase it now! Your work is inspirational to me!

Fellow SU! demo.....
Karen Roquet
www.kroquet.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Thrilled for you!!! (But not surprised!!) I just cannot get the hang of a waterfall card...which makes me so mad because I just love them & have so many things I'd do with them!! Is there a good tutorial
of one anywhere? Wendy? Anyone?