Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Simple Friendship Giftcard Holder

I just recently realized that there were a few cards I never shared with you! I was asked to submit several cards to Cardmaker Magazine for an Interactive Card book that they were publishing (it actually came out in April - hooray for me!!). Only one of the samples I made actually made it into the book, but this one was published in their online magazine supplement - July 2010 issue.

I love the look of these little giftcard holders. And they are oh-so-easy to make! The card is made from a 4" x 12" piece of cardstock that is scored at 4", 6" and 8" along the 12" side. The score at 4" and 8" are folded in "valleys", while the score at 6" is folded as a "mountain" ... I taped the inside of underside of the "mountain" closed, then used the Word Window punch to create the opening for the gift card (lay the giftcard over the "flap" you have created with the "mountain" fold, then use a pencil to mark the cardstock just above and below the giftcard. Use these markings to create the slot for the giftcard with the Word Window punch.

Stamps: Simple Friendship, Matchbox Messages
Paper: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose; Barely Banana, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Markers
Accessories: Word Window Punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, 1/16" Handheld Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Brad (from Vintage Brads), Sewing Machine

5 comments:

Created by Kath said...

THanks for sharing your card, I need gift card, cards to demo in my birthday class.

Shoshi said...

That is simply gorgeous, Wendy! Very clever folded design, and lovely colours, too. Just great.

Shoshi

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so pretty and very clever.

Shelley Hunter said...

What a beautiful presentation. Gift cards are oft criticized for showing a lack of effort--but that is certainly not the case with what you've done. Nice work.

Pam said...

You are killing me with all these "to die for" cards from the new catalog. I made the decision my 1st order would be just the paper, stamp pad, refill, ink, ribbon....then I'd do stamps starting next month.
Now I'm afraid I'll just have to turn over hubby's paycheck because I want it ALL....and I want it NOW!!!
You never stop amazing & astounding me!!!