Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Case of the Sillies ...

I have been working on a HUGE batch of wedding announcements for almost two weeks ... what do I mean by HUGE?? Try 560 on for size ... I think I am going a little bit BONKERS ... but I'll get to that in a minute ...

I needed to make 8 cards for a swap I am doing with my upline/sideline and some of our friendies that we have been hanging out with at Stampin' Up Convention the past couple of years. Trying to squeeze that in between the wedding invites AND a book review I had to do last Thursday for my book group ("The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" - READ IT!!) ... not to mention the GAZILLION hours I had to spend at work this week getting stuff ready for our accountant so we could file corporate taxes ... but I digress .... AGAIN ....

So this is the card I came up with for the swap ... which was inspired by the LAST card I posted here on my blog ... similar, but different, I guess ... but, I am STILL getting off track ...

I was chatting with my Besties on the Dirty Dozen chat thread on Splitcoast this past week ... telling them that I had punched SOOO many dang belly bands for these wedding invites that my hand/wrist/arm had had it and I had reverted to punching the buggers out with my FOOT!!! Seriously!!! I was goaded with many comments along the lines of "Boy, would I like to see THAT!!" Hence, the Case of the Sillies took over and I made this dorky video Smiley from millan.net ... which I HONESTLY can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life on ... but I guess I needed a break!!! Enjoy ...



Stamps: Christmas Lodge, , FrameIt, Petite Pairs
Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Snow Burst Textured Impressions Folder, Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die, Rhinestone Basics. Whisper White Satin/Organza Ribbon, Dimensionals

14 comments:

KanataNewf said...

you know - the foot idea for the punch is not a bad one. After suffering through the effects of making 300 onesie baby shower invitations for my sister (I think I had to punch 4 circle for each one), my hands were sore for over a week. Wish I had been as clever to think of the foot!

Shoshi said...

ROFL! Puts a different complexion on "Stamping" doesn't it!

Vicky said...

lol now that gave me a chuckle!!
good for you Wendy.
Vicky

Cindy said...

I think you're getting a little "punch drunk". :) Cute card - definitely going to CASE this!

Elizabeth said...

I had such a chuckle watching 10 wasted minutes of your life - great music to accompany it too :) Beautiful card - the embossing is just beautiful. Elizabeth x

JanTink said...

Now that is just crazy, but I always knew you had it in you!

create, live laugh, enjoy said...

a lady's got to dot what a lady's got to do!!! LOL well done!

Robin said...

I think you have hit on something! How to stamp and tone at the same time!

Barbara Taylor said...

Thanks I needed that laugh. Worrying about the wildfires in our area in Texas.

Diana E. said...

Beautifully done ! I have had to do punches with my foot for quite a spell...Only I have to do on floor....not tall at all. Loved it !

Anonymous said...

I have to say "DITTO" to Diana E's comment above!!

Beautiful card - lovely layout.

Mary Mac

Newbie said...

Beatiful card Wendy! Great colors and I love the embossing! Like the foot for punching idea-only one big problem. Could not see down that far to line things up!! :0)

Judy McMullen said...

LOL! This quote comes to mind: "Necessity is the mother of invention" You go girl!!

Jan Castle said...

Great card Wendy! Have to say, I never seem tohave enough hands...but I would never have thought of using my feet...love it! Thanks for the idea!!! LOL!
jan Castle