Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winnie the Pooh

I have always had a soft spot for Winnie the Pooh ... I cannot count the times or hours my kids spent watching the Pooh cartoons when they were little ... we ALL have a bit of a soft spot for Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Kanga, Roo and the Gang! Which is why this card makes me happy ...

I have written here before how I often neglect some of my other "toys" because I am primarily a Stampin'-Up-Only kinda gal ... many demos are ... but that does not mean I do not like/have/use OTHER stuff (what my BFF Jan would call "rubbahdultery"). And in this case it is not actually stamps, anyway. I really like being able to combine stamps, diecuts, ribbons, and embellishments to come up with a finished product. It also helps me to feel justified for spending all the CASHOLA I have for all the nifty cool toys ... er, TOOLS ... I own!! AND I have been dipping into my AMPLE stash of retired (old??) patterned/designer papers ... makes me happy. So there ya have it ... Smiley from millan.net

This is for my little cousin, Sarah. She is turning 5 this week. I remember being 5 ... I loved wearing dresses and playing with dolls. (I guess I have to admit that I STILL do!) I miss my kids being little ... sigh ...

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Basic Black, More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Patterned Paper (retired)
Ink: Basic Black, White Gel Pen
Accessories: Cricut Pooh & Friends and Robotz (for the font) Cartridges, 1" Square Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Daisy Punch, Rich Regals Buttons, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Large and Small Oval Punch, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Deb said...

SO stinkin' adorable!

Carol Carriveau said...

What a wonderful card!!! Any child would love this but so special for a 5 year old family member. Pooh is a favorite of so many of us...thanks for sharing this adorable card!

Pam said...

Well I love it!! And most of us "stampers" still stamp then cut out the image; punch images, borders... so this is just a different way of using paper to make something beautiful!! You still add lots of dimension, texture & balance. Rock on, Wendy!!