Monday, May 7, 2012

Suh-WEET, Baby!

Sleep ... it's highly over-rated, right??? I was up at midnight last night hurriedly putting in my Stampin' Up order. You see, for demonstrators, last night at midnight was the "Golden Hour." Included with the shipment of the first order we place on May 7 will be a copy of the new Idea Book and Catalog!! It was also available for us online to preview (since I am typing this a little ahead of time, I haven't quite decided if I'm going to actually look through the online version, or wait until my hard copy comes in a couple of days ... decisions, decisions!).

In the mean time, I was able to do a non-DUDE, sweet-baby-girl card!! I was totally inspired to makes this from THIS adorable card I saw on Carrie Gaskin's blog. Stinkin' ca-YOOT, right?? I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how she fanned the pleated thing at the top (and believe-you-me, I tried EVERYTHING!), so I adapted my "fan" to the thing you see at the top of my card. It is actually three of the Blossom Punch shapes tucked under the panel. I also ran them through the paper crimper, but you can't really tell from the photo. I like how it turned out.

Stamps: Button Buddies, BFF, Petite Pairs
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Blossom Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Curly Label Punch, Pearl Basics, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Dimensionals

And just because I thought it was fun ... I wanted to share with you what I did (with the help of my amazingly supportive, cooperative and helpful husband) to the door in my closet. After seeing a lot of COOL ideas all over the 'net (mostly on Pinterest), we made this jewelry/scarf/belt board inside my closet door. I live in a charming and historic neighborhood ... which equates to itty-bitty closets and storage space. I wish I would have figured this out YEARS ago. I wear a MUCH larger variety of jewelry now that I can actually see what I have!!  We used some coated wire mesh window screen (you can get it at any hardware store).  We secured the corners with washers and screws.  Then, we used a bunch of miscellaneous drawer knobs/pulls and some coat hanger hooks.  Turned out pretty danged awesome!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cindee Stacey said...

Wendybell, your card is adorable!! I love the colors you chose! And your right, sleep is overrated, especially when it comes to Stampin' Up!!! ;-)

Carol Carriveau said...

Darling baby card...!!!!! Your new jewelry screen is great.