Friday, July 6, 2012

Singing Mountain Goats!

Smiley from millan.netWhat??? That's who I have spent the last three days with ... singing mountain goats ... aka my daughter and her friends. We took a little "Senior Trip" down to Zions Park. And those kids ran me into the ground!! Of course, they were SINGING all the way, so how I am going to get frustrated with THAT??

I have soooo much to do in the next couple of weeks before Stampin' Up Convention. I have Girl's Camp NEXT week, and I have a BUNCH of "secret sister" gifts to make. AND I still have a MOUNTAIN of swaps to do (mountain goats, mountains of swaps ... I have a theme goin' on here). I had a box of new stampy goodness waiting for me when I got home yesterday, so I made up a quick card (the new stuff is the framelits and the woodgrain embossing folder). I realized when I opened the box that the stamp set/die cuts I wanted the MOST were not there!! I had ordered the WRONG ones!! (I ordered "Friendship Preserves" instead of "Pefectly Preserved" ... DRAT!!)

Here we are on the top of Angels Landing ... this hike is NOT for wimps!! These guys were mostly unfazed by it at the time (although MOST of them took a nap after we got back to the house!). Great bunch of kids ... LOTS of singing, laughter, hiking, eating and good times.

Now, off to swap-making land!

Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Petite Pairs
Paper: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Accessories: Woodgrain Textured Impressions Folder, Window Frame Framelits, Large Oval Punch, Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Linen Thread
Photobucket

6 comments:

KOstvig said...

Looks Like you got some SUN!... sounds like you had fun.. the card is beautiful by the way!

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh My that flower is gorgeous in those colors!! I would have never thought of them!! Perfection!!

Cheryl said...

love the card! Congrats on making it to the top of AL!

Pam said...

What an incredible card and what an incredible feat!! (no pun intended)

Heidi Gonzales said...

Love it! Not sure what you had in mind for the other stamp set, but this one is gorgeous!

You better get busy! LOL, glad you are getting some family/friend fun in too!

Have a fab time at convention-wish I were going too! Maybe next year!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful card!