Saturday, November 19, 2016

Happy Holidays from the Freaks!

Ok ... I hafta admit, I have actually started listening to Christmas music (and will probably do so until some time during the first week of January). I EVEN did some CHRISTMAS SHOPPING today!!! I guess it really IS the most wonderful time of the year ALREADY!!! Welcome to a little holiday tribute by some of my fellow Control Freaks!

Oh my goodness!!! Did you see what was on Mindy Backes' blog????? SO wonderful!!! And so very proud of her, by the way, for making this next year's Artisan Design Team for Stampin' Up! GO MINDY!!

I went simple this month ... which is VERY hard for me, actually. I think it is much harder to do a "clean and simple" design than it is to do one with ALL the layers and bling (sometimes I SERIOUSLY have NO idea when to STOP!)!

Stamps: Holly Berry Happiness
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Dazzling Diamonds DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Merry Tags Framelits Dies, Gold Bakers Twine, Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

And here's a little Crumb-Cake-colored number ... I think I have decided that Crumb Cake goes with EVERY-EVERY-EVERYthing!!! I used it ALL year round. It's probably my fave ... I think ...

Stamps: Merry Medley, Festive Season
Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Warmth & Cheer DSP Stack
Ink: Whisper White
Accessories: 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Gold Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch

It's AMAZING how your life can come to a STAND STILL when your internet becomes NONFUNCTIONAL!!! Our modem died last night, and you would think that the WORLD had ended or something!!! Had NO idea how much I relied on having WORKING access to the Interwebz ... how CRAZY!!! Maybe I need to take a vacation on some remote island and do WITHOUT it for a while ... just like the good ol' days!!

Next up??? My dear and talented friend, Cindy Elam!!! WONDERFUL in EVERY way!!


 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

7 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Fantastic cards Wendy! Love the ornament and the stamped background on your second card is perfect! My daughter has been listening to Christmas music for the last week and it's making me crazy!! :)

Melissa Davies said...

Love the simple designs! I feel a CASE coming on!

Carol Carriveau said...

Great ideas....tfs!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous Blog Hop......great ideas.....love that EF....makes any card look so fabulous!

Cindy said...

Oh, Wendy, Wendy, Wendy - you've done it again. Love them both, but the first one with the Woodland folder just sings to me! And I agree, Crumb Cake goes with everything!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great simple cards. Have fun with the Christmas music, I'm not there just yet!

Kelly Acheson said...

Ohhhh these are so pretty! The 2nd card makes me feel like putting a big cuddly sweater on and sitting with a cup of hot cocoa!