Sunday, October 14, 2018

Monday Montage #126


Happy Monday Montage Day!!! The weekend was fun ... and over in a wink! Why do Mondays and Fridays seem SOOOOO long ... whereas Saturdays and Sundays seem to zip by before you know it??? Sheesh!! At least I got a lot done ... AND I got time to get crafty! I guess I don't have much to complain about, right??? Just wish I had another day "off".

I am pretty sure it's hard to make an ugly card using the Buffalo Check background stamp. I have seen SOOOO many cute things made with it. I hope it NEVER retires!!! It goes with just about EVERYthing ... kids cards, girl cards, boy cards, kid cards ... it's simply the BEST, don't you think??

True confessions ... as much as I loved creating this card, it was one of those that everything went wrong with while I was working on it. I have two Painted Harvest sets (the one with the sunflower). One of them doesn't stamp well, and the other one does. I even have them marked (not sure why I"m keeping the not-so-good one). I had some trouble with my Cajun Craze ink pad ... pretty sure I need a new one!! When I finally got it stamped, I realized I was using the funky stamp set. So I had to stamp it again with the better one. THEN, when I finally got it how I liked, I started to fussy cut it out. Then I realized I hadn't cleaned my fingers and I smudged Early Espresso ink all over my lovely sunflower! Stamped it a third time ... was good to go, then!!! (This was, of course, after I had stamped the Buffalo Check background and realized I was having issues with my ink pad ... so I stamped that three times as well!). Moving on to the leaves behind the flower. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do for a sentiment, so I kept messing with the placement of the leaves and berries ... took me three times to get that how I wanted it, too!! Sheesh!!! I was DETERMINED to get this card done! It just took me MUCH longer than I had planned.

I cut the sentiment out using one of the Stitched Shapes oval dies ... then I used the criss-cross border die from the Stitched Labels thinlits to "frame" it in on the top and bottom, which I then trimmed above and below to end up with the shape I used for the sentiment.

Stamps: Painted Harvest, Buffalo Check
Paper: Gray Granite, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Festive Farmhouse DSP
Ink: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Gray Granite, Basic Gray
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Stitched Labels Framelits Dies, Braided Linen Trim, Linen Thread

Here's a blog roll just in case you get "stuck" trying to hop around ...

Monday Montage Hoppers
Amy O'Neill - Amy's Paper Crafts - NOT PARTICIPATING THIS WEEK
Breelin Renwick - Craft-somnia Momma
Cathy Casey - Sugar Shack Designs
Dani Dziama - Dani's Thoughtful Corner
Elizabeth Price - Seeinginkspots
Julie Warnick - Julie Warnick Stampin' Up! Blog
Kaitlyn Zumbach - Create with Kaitlyn - NOT PARTICIPATING THIS WEEK
Melissa Stout - The Stamp Doc
Wendy Weixler - Wickedly Wonderful Creations - YOU'RE ALREADY HERE!!

It's that time of year again ... fall ... Halloween ... you know what I mean!!! So I am heading off to the Happiest Place On Earth for a few days this week with my BFF, Cheryl. I am getting SUPER excited!!! Just hope I can get myself together before it's time to go!

Click "Back" for Melissa Stout and "Next" for Bree Renwick ... I end up spending more money on supplies by looking at what THEY have made!!! They are AMAZING!


 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: