Sunday, September 13, 2020

Monday Montage #173

Is 2020 over YET??? What an inSANEly crazy year this has been!! Last Tuesday we had the most unexpectedly SCARY windstorm. I know that doesn't sound like much of a natural disaster, but we had winds recorded up to 112 mph ... and my neighborhood ended up looking like a war zone!! Trees were toppled over everywhere!! I saw siding blowing down the street ... there was so much dirt and leaves blowing around that it looked like snow swirling around ... we will be cleaning up the downed trees and torn up sidewalks for MONTHS (or at least the city will be!)! I'm not sure we are EVER going to see "normal" again! Sheesh!!

Fall-fall-FALL!! I folded myself up a little envelope to make some fall come busting out of it!! I cheated with the Plaid Tidings DSP a little ... I took two different patterns that matched each other and adhered them back to back so I could have both of them visible. I used not only the Love of Leaves stamps with the Stitched Leaves dies, but also the In Good Taste Elements and Braided Trim/Linen Thread with some Metallic Pearls as an accent. This was one of those cards where more was MORE and I just kept adding things!!

Stamps: Love of Leaves
Paper: Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Whisper White, Plaid Tidings DSP
Ink: Pretty Peacock, Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Old World Paper Embossing Folder, Stitched Leaves Dies, Metallic Pearls
Braided Trim, Linen Thread, Good Taste Elements, Classic Label Punch

Here's a blog roll just in case you get "stuck" trying to hop around ...

Monday Montage Hoppers
Amy O'Neill - Amy's Paper Crafts
Breelin Renwick - Craft-somnia Momma
Cathy Casey - Sugar Shack Designs
Charlet Mallet - Painted Orange
 - NOT PARTICIPATING THIS WEEK Cheryl Curtis - Pomp and Sustenance
Dani Dziama - Dani's Thoughtful Corner
 - NOT PARTICIPATING THIS WEEK Elizabeth Price - Seeinginkspots
Julie Warnick - Julie Warnick Stampin' Up! Blog - NOT PARTICIPATING THIS WEEK
Melissa Stout - The Stamp Doc
Wendy Weixler - Wickedly Wonderful Creations - YOU'RE ALREADY HERE!!

With temperatures swining between the 90's and then dropping down to the 30's and back up again to the 90's, I'm not sure WHAT month it is ... we even had SNOW in the mountains last week. I feel SO upsidedown!

Click "Next" to see what Amy O'Neill ... and "Back" to check out Melissa Stout ... super-duper FAB!!

 photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

3 comments:

karose said...

Love, love, love this card! I want to case it for sure and wondered how you made the pocket envelope on the front. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Judith said...

Like this card so much. Did you make envelope with SU board & what size did you start with?
Love all the cards you do.

Rose said...

I love your pile of leaves on the plaid, thank you for sharing.