Sunday, October 10, 2021

Monday Montage #199

I have NO crutches, I have NO boot ... but I also have NO desire to wear a shoe on my owie foot yet!! Still working on healing ... and trying to remind myself every dang day that it took me more thhan a year and a half to get my foot/achilles problem to the uber-supreme level to which I had it prior to my surgery. I'm giving myself permission to take it easy and let my body do its thing. I also need to remmebr to try NOT to break myself by thinking I am as good as new already and overdoing it ... sigh ... just super grateful for modern medicine and the wondrous things they can do to fix the myriad of ways we break ourselves! I spent the entire weekend cleaning house, shopping and cooking ... and I mean a LOT of cooking! I made what I christened the First Annual Weixler Family OktoberFeast! I made two kinds of wurst, kaestaetzle, rotkohl, apple strudel, black forest cherry chocolate mini cakes, German potato cakes with applesaucee or sour cream and chives for topping, wheat and rye pumpkin sesame seeed bread, two warm and toasty drinks - pumpkin spice apple cider and non-alcoholic mulled wine. I also made a trip to the local German bakery (thanks Vosens!) to pick up some DELICIOUS and LARGE dark pretzels and baci rolls. Add to that some cheese and pickles and some grapes and you got a feast to behold, my friends. REALLY pleased with how well everything turned out! I am also very happy that I had time and inspiration to put together a quick little card for this week's Monday Montage Blog Hop. WHEW!!! What a weekend!




Just a quick little card made from the All Squared Away Stamps and Floral Square Dies ... to the rescue! After the weekend I had I was grateful to have inspiration and completion come to me so quickly this week. WHEW!! I needed that!

Stamps: All Squared Away 
Paper: Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Accessories: Floral Square Dies, Ornate Frames Dies, Textured Embossing Folder, Champagne Rhinestones, Fine Art Ribbon 





Here's a blog roll just in case you get "stuck" trying to hop around ...

photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

3 comments:

Janelle E said...

Hooray for the boot coming off. Prayers for quick healing!!

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy!

I am so sorry to hear you are having more medical problems. I think you may have had your foot in a boot when we first became friends! I will pray for you!

Your Weixler October's sounds incredibly yummy! Potato pancakes AND apple struedel?! Heaven! My Bubie (my Great-grandmother) used to make apple strudel whenever we would go to Cape Cod to see her. (We went a lot!) It's been years since I've had it! I may have to take a chance and try to bake some!

Your card is beautiful!is that metal on there, or paper prepared to make it look like metal? So difficult to know!

Hoping you are all well and safe! Things are Covid Crazy here in Florida!

🦋Traci Starkweather

MarvA1ix said...

I want this stamp set, and really don't know why I haven't got it yet. I love the sweet simplicity of the images. Great card.
Next time you make that feast, you can invite me! Sounds fabulous!