Wednesday, January 19, 2022

What's Your Favorite Color, Freaks?




The Control Freaks are going monochromatic this month while showcasing some of their favorite SU colors.  What's your favorite?? Looks like Deb Henderson is a fan of Polished Pink (me too!). We both used the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set, but it totally different ways ... I LOVE the inspiration I get from other stampers!

I have been a fan of Pool Party since the day I saw if for the first time! It's the perfect blend of light blue with a hint of some green ... I KNEW I had to make my card using it.

I used several sheets of Sunshine & Rainbows DSP to cut out a variety of stars using the Stitched Stars dies. I snuck in a few stars that were Bermuda Bay because it looks SOOOO great with Pool Party.

Stamps: Rainbow of Happiness (sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White, Sunshine & Rainbows DSP
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Stitched Stars Dies, Ornate Frames Dies, Blue Adhesive Backed Gems, White 3/4" Frayed Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine




I wanted to share a closeup of what I did with the Frayed Ribbon ... I used a yard needle and did a running stitch down the middle of the piece of ribbon I used. I then pulled the ribbon right and tied some knots at both ends to give it a ruched look.  It adds some fun dimension for sure!


Next up? LeeAnn Greff! Misty Moonlight paired with Night of Navy look DIVINE together!!

photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

No comments: