Friday, October 20, 2023

TGIFC #443 - Inspiration Challenge







My brain is oatmeal!! Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation from EVERYthing! But I HAD to make time to participatee inn this week's Inspiration Challennge for TGIF Challenge Blog!! Ohmygoodness! How ca-YOOT is this little owl??? I HAD to play!!



I have to confess ... I am always saying I need a vacation, right??? Well ... I am getting one, of sorts!! I had surgery YESTERDAY to repair my right ACL (which was totally torn!) and my meniscus (which was partially torn! Sooooo ... most of this card was created while I was ... how can I put this delicately .. HIGH AS A KITE!! It was a slooooowww proceess, but I am MORE than happy with the results! This was a super FUN challenge!!


I used a blending brush to create the soft pastel-y background ... Balmy Blue, Highland Heather and Misty Moonlight. I then proceeded to flick a little water on it using my fingertips and the faucet in my kitchen! My spritzer and water painters were DOWNstairs in my craft room and I was UPstairs with a brace from my ankle to my thigh ... yeah ... that was NOT happening! I offstamped the leafy images using Misty Moonlight to give them a softer vibe. I colored the little birdie and books with an assortment of Stampin' Blends ... I haven't had this much fun making a card in a long time!! I also roughed up the edges of the DSP and top layer of White Cardstock.



Stamps: Bird's Eye View
Paper: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Neutrals 6"x6" DSP
Ink: Black StazOn, Misty Moonlight; Stampin' Blends - Gray Granite, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather
Accessories: Natural 1/4" Wavy Trim, Pastels Adhesive-Backed Sequins (retired ... sorry! I thought they were still current!)

The plan for the rest of the day (and the rest of the weekend!) is to do a whole lot of NOTHING!! At least I'm on the recovery side of things!!

photo blogsignature2018_zpsxetiovv3.png

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!

Wendie Waldman said...

Hi Wen! I love this card. Owls are my thing. Hope you're healing well. Hugs, Wen