Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yahoo!

I guess I am on a "western roll". I seem to be thinking about wild west cards in my head ever since I got those cute little diecuts for my Cuttlebug. I have been thinking about this card ever since I got home from SU Convention.

I love that so many of the stamps work so well with the scallop punch (even if the scallop punch doesn't always work so well!). I stamped Blue Bayou on Soft Sky paper with the now retired, but forever loved, "Just Jeans' background stamp. I love that stamp! I was sooo sorry to see it retired. Other stamps that would work well include "Weathered" and "Flannel Plaid" (at least those are current SU merchandise!). I love layering the scallop punch, too. And the jumbo eyelets!! Don't even get me started! I LOVE those! (Never knew my Crop-a-dile had a "hole" you could peek through to line up the eyelets with the image - for those of you who have one, you know what I mean! I felt so dumb when someone pointed that out to me at Convention since I have had my Crop-a-dile for about a year!) Hemp is also a favorite for masculine cards . . . it just seems to add the perfect touch sometimes! Now, I gotta go find something else to play with!

3 comments:

Tara said...

love this card...great job!! I love the western thing too! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Ooooooo I love it! Great job !

Anonymous said...

Love this card! I love the western thing, too. Hello! I live in Texas, it's almost required. LOL