Friday, September 21, 2007

More Butterflies and Going Gray . . .

I can't believe I am up to card #4 in my butterfly challenge (although, I shouldn't say that, since I still have 100 to go!!). This one came quickly and easily for some reason. I had forgotten all about this stamp set ("Nature's Secret")!! So, I had an unexpected butterfly. I love the look you get when you use the "diamond row" from "All in a Row" to create "faux" stitching. I am tempted to use it all the time, now, though I try to restrain myself! I actually clear embossed the sentiment, because I ended up using craft ink, and I was getting really impatient for it to dry so I could finish the card!

This card is one I did for WT132 on SCS. I totally love grays with anything in the red family! This is the first "large" square card I have ever made (believe it or not!!). The finished dimensions are 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". I just need to buy me some square envelopes now!! I did use Marvy's giga scalloped circle punch and the mega circle punch. The pomegranate circle is actually cut free-hand, because I just didn't have anything the exact size that I wanted!! (Good thing the photo is forgiving!!) It's hard to see, but I did some paper piercing on the white strip of cardstock! Did I ever mention that I LOVE!! paper piercing??? I reach for my tools all the time!

No comments: