Thursday, April 23, 2009

Love Ever After!

This is a stamp set I have been debating on getting for quite a while. I HATE it when I have a hard time deciding!! I finally decided to use the points I had earned for SAB (Sale A Bration) to get it! I had it inked up in NO time, that's for sure!!

I did this card for CC215 (Basic Gray, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette). I also used a tip I learned from my friend, Patty Bennett (HI and THANKS, girl!). If you take your horizontal slot punch you can use it to cut a little slit out of the fold of your card, thus allowing you to slide a piece of ribbon around the front of your card and through the slit. This works so that you can actually tie a ribbon around the front of your card when you don't have an extra layer to tuck it under. Make sense? Sometimes I feel like I am typing Japanese and translating it into Polish!! Sheesh!!

I don't have to go back to work again 'til next Monday (hooray!)! I really can't complain, as I usually only work 5-6 hours Monday and Wednesday, then every other Friday. My sister-in-law and I job share at our family's business doing office work, so it's not SO bad, 'cept she and her family went out of town over spring break so I have been flying solo for about a week and a half (nearly TWO)! Happy to have some days off, baby!

Stamps: Ever After, Sanded
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Rose Red
Ink: Rose Red, Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, paper piercing tool and mat, paper distressor, basic gray taffeta ribbon, horizontal slot punch, top note BIgz die

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of cutting a bit of the cardstock at the fold to thread the ribbon through, I cut my cardstock vertically (4-1/4 by 11 instead of 5-1/2 by 8-1/2) and use my ScorPal to make a top fold. I also use the "one-hole" know technique so my ribbon doesn't slide off (depending on the size of the ribbon, I usually use a
1/4" punch and punch the hole where I want the knot. Place the center of the ribbon on the front of the card, bring the ends of the ribbon over to the back of the card, thread both ends of the ribbon in the hole to the front and tie.)

Nance in Reno

Jan Castle said...

Cute card and stamp Wendy...looks like you could useany colors you want with this stamp!Thanks too for the ribbon tip!
Jan Castle

sray said...

love the sandals in the su spread!!! What kind are they and where did you get them?
Thanks,
Stephanie