Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Triple Play!!

This is what I call a "Card Run Amok!" I just kept going and going and going . . . not sure it turned out quite how I had planned, but I tied it into THREE different challenges!!

First of all, I did the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS last Sunday morning. FS116 - Wattle - aka Kathy! She has a LOVELY gallery and this is the card I cased:

Kathy's SFYTT Butterfly 40th

I wanted to keep the card A2-sized so that it would be cheaper to mail and take less room so I could send it to my son in Germany as card #88 in my own personal "Follow the Butterflies" challenge (there is a link and a slideshow on the sidebar to the right if you don't know WHAT I'm talking about). I think my son is going to LOVE the personalized aspect of this card!

And, last but not least, this fits Jaron Winder's very first blog challenge (way to go, Jaron!):

Color Combination Creative Challenge #1

I had meant to try to keep this all Stampin' Up products to go with Jaron's challenge, but I just couldn't help myself, and I have used up pretty much ALL my SU butterflies (since I am trying NOT to repeat the butterfly images I was using for my own challenge). So, there ya have it . . .

Now I wanna go stamp something 'cause my stamp room is really CLEAN and just waiting for me to mess it up!!

Stamps: Bella Toile, Flannel Plaid, Small Letter Set by JustRite, Pocket Silhouettes, Vintage Butterflies by Innovative Stamp Creations
Paper: Taken With Teal, Soft Sky, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Taken With Teal, Basic Black
Accessories: Spellbinders Standard Circle Nestabilities - Small and Large (S4-116 and S4-114) and Labels 3 (S4-189), 1 1/4" and 1" square punches, Fiskars Fluer-de-lys border punch, vanilla satin ribbon, sponge, pop-up glue dots

3 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Wendy, I Love your card!! It is Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love all of the stamped images and the colors look amazing together! Beautiful Job!!

Connie M. said...

I beauty of a card, Wendy!! Love these colors...i will have to give them a whirl!

Wanda said...

WOW, what a gorgeous card!!! TFS