Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bloomin' Good Time . . .

I think EVERYone should run away from home at least ONCE in their adult life!! WHY didn't I do this a long time ago?? Since Karen's husband is out of town, we don't have to answer to ANYone!! And I have come to the conclusion that putting your hair in a ponytail is the SAME as taking a shower!!

Here are a few of the things I have been playing with . . . this first card was the SECOND one I did yesterday for SC228. I am soo happy that Karen has "Bloomin' Beautiful" . . . I have been contemplating getting it. I think if I use it enough while I am here I might be able to save a little bit of money!! (hehehehehe!) She also has this ADORABLE "birthday" Sizzix embossing folder (it comes in a set with an embossed cupcake, "happy birthday" and two other images I can't remember at the moment). This background is kinda like eyelet . . . I just LOVE it!! NEED to find me one of these!!

Stamps: Blooming Beautiful, French Script
Paper: Mellow Moss, Blush Blossom, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Memento, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Spellbinders Large and Small Deckled Rectangle dies (S4-202 and S4-201), Hodgepodge Hardware, ribbon (unknown), Cuttlebug Vintage Squares die, dimensionals, sponge, Sizzix birthday embossing folder

I made this tin for today's SCS challenge - WT218 - to alter a tin in some fashion. I was playing with the ink pads and blender pen last night and decided to color these "Bloomin' Beautiful" flowers (haven't done THAT for quite a while). I LOVE pansies, too, so this was really fun to do!

Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, All Holidays
Paper: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Watercolor paper
Ink: Memento Black, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Spellbinders Peony (S4-193), Standard Circles (Large & Small - S4-114 & S4-116), large and small oval punches, gingham ribbon, dimensionals

I have another card I made today (a hinged one, by the way) that I will upload tomorrow. I decided that my son (the Butterfly Boy) was going to need to have one, so come back to see what I came up with!

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Terri H. said...

Hi Wendy and Karen, I sure wish I was able to be there with the two of you. I'm sure you're having a great time. Jim and I just got back from a trip to Florida. I'm going to be out in Phoenix in 2 weeks, but won't get a chance to see Karen, and you'll probably be back in Utah by then. Have a wonderful visit!

TN Granny said...

I'm so happy you and Karen are having a good time and enjoying the girl time. Your cards are adorable I have that set guess I'll have to pull it out tomorrow.
Hugs,
Jeanine