Sunday, July 26, 2009

Long-Lost Card . . . These are BIRDS???

I was cleaning some photos off of my computer and came across this card I did for Spellbinders last January. We were challenged to do something "non-traditional" with the Nested Birds dies . . . this is what I came up with! I thought it turned out pretty cool . . .

I am currently relaxing in a chair looking out over the MUI-beautiful Bear Lake (on the Utah/Idaho border). Our family has had a condo up here since right around the time that I got married, so I haven't known a summer in nearly 25 years without time spent here. My kids can honestly say that they have NEVER spent a summer away from here . . . we all LOVE it. I am happy to be blessed with such a wonderful family and a fantastic place to enjoy each other's company . . .

Stamps: NONE!
Ink: Basic Black craft
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, ColorMates Light Fairy Tale Pink by World Win
Accessories: Spellbinders Nested Bird (S4-160), Nested Flower (S4-159), Flower Bouquet Miniabilities (S4-200), Large Classic Inverted Scalloped Square (S4-196), Black/white polka dot organza ribbon (May Arts), black jewel sticker (Doodlebug)



I took this picture this morning as the sun was coming up here at the lake . . . wish it had turned out as good as the real thing!







And here are the girls . . . Izzy (my niece) and Amelia (my daughter) sporting the new t-shirts they colored yesterday afternoon . . . aren't they cute??

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your card Wendy!! What an awesome use of dies and punches!! I am so glad you are having such a good time with your family at the condo!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I wanna be there, too! Your photo looks terrific, Wendy, and I adore those shirts the girls colored---what fun. What a creative use of those Nesties, too; stunning in the black and white! Have a great vacay!

Anonymous said...

Sweet precious girls. I wish my daughter was still that age. The time goes by too quickly. Savor each moment Wendy.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

TN Granny said...

Wendy,
You are so awesome who would have thunk using birds for a flower. Girl you just amaze me.
Hugs,
Jeanine
blstamper.blogspot.com