Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Little Confession ...

... okay, perhaps this is a BIG confession (at least for me). I know I have been promising a tutorial for my little pop-up wedding box for the past couple of weeks. And, oddly enough, when I posted the very same photos on SCS yesterday I got a p/m from my good friend, Beate, asking me if I would be willing to do a tutorial for the end of June (umm, YES!!). So, come the last week of June there will be a MUI-wonderful, step-by-step-with-photos-and-video tutorial on Splitcoast for it.

And so that I would have SOMEthing to share today, I stamped a little just for fun ... (and for CC265) ...

Stamps: Awash with Flowers, Vintage Labels
Paper: Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery
Accessories: 1" and 3/4" circle punches, 1/4" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, pop-up glue dots

But, I digress ... back to my confession ... the reason I have been putting off .... and off ........ and off ......... posting a proper tutorial for you is that I finally decided to throw my hat in on the Stampin' Up Artisan Award thing. And I wasn't really gonna tell anyone about it ..... really ..... 'cause if I get kicked to the curb again this year I am SOOOO gonna feel bad because the stuff I am creating is, well, can I say AWESOME?? (I have truly felt like I have put my very most bestest into everything I have created). If I don't get chosen it is okay because I feel VERY good about what I have done. I know I have done my best and that is all anyone can do, right??

SO ..... since I DID promise you SOMETHING, and since my darling daughter, Amelia, WAS nice enough to trace the box for me to make a template out of .... here is a rough template for ya. For some reason I am having HUGE issues with Photoshop today and can't get it to let me type a text layer (not sure what THAT is all about), so here are a few instructions for you:

1. Cut on all black lines
2. Fold all red dotted lines TOWARD you
3. Fold all blue dotted lines AWAY from you
4. If you are using patterned paper, put the pattern that you want to show on the outside down toward the table and place the template on top of it.
5. Each side of the box measures 2 1/4" square, so if you print out the template and need to adjust it, at least you will know which direction to go!!

I hope this is helpful to y'all. I am sorry that it isn't a better and mo' coolah tutorial at this point, but just keep in mind that one is COMING ... if I EVER get these darn Artisan things done!!

3 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Wendy, thank you so much for the Wedding Box template! I'll be looking forward to seeing your tutorial on SCS in June!

Barbara Joyce said...

Wendy, thanks so much for posting this template, AND for the SCS tutorial in June. I've seen these boxes before, but could never figure out how to make one! Love your blog!

Pam said...

So thrilled to get the template!!
1 question though....is this true to size, if not, what % is it at?
You're the "cats pajamas, ya know"!
Pam@ spencerswishes@gmail.com