Monday, May 30, 2011

My Dad, My Hero ...

It has been two years ago today. It's difficult to believe that the time has gone so quickly. And the second anniversary of my dad's passing just so happens to fall on Memorial Day. Quite fitting ...

I have to also say a heartfelt thank you to so many of you who have sent me support and well wishes since his passing. You have no idea how much they have meant to me and how much your comments have given me encouragement and strength. You are all the BEST!!

I am fortunate that I only live a couple of minutes below the cemetery. It gives me the opportunity to visit Dad more often than just on Memorial Day.

I am also very grateful for all the men and women who have given so much of themselves to defend our freedoms. And to the families who support them. Today is YOUR day!! Smiley from millan.net

Stamps: Tiny Tags
Paper: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red
Accessories: Cricut Stand and Salute, Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder, Rhinestone Embellishment, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Star Eyelet/Brad, Linen Thread

2 comments:

Traci S. said...

Dear Wendy,

Your card is perfect for the day. I am sure your Dad was a hero to you. I am so sorry that I didn't realize the date when I emailed you.

Sweetie, he would be so proud of you. You are such a great friend, mom, wife and more. My prayers are with you and your family at this time. Sweetie, feel free to lean on me, when times are tough. That is what Sisters-in-Christ are for...and friends...I love you, my friend.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Betty Neville said...

Very fitting card. Hugs to you.