Friday, May 27, 2011

Row, Row, Row Your Boat ...

It seems that everything crafty comes in waves (bwahahaha!! Waves??? I am sooo punny!!) I have had many a discussion within fellow crafty people over the years and we have often wondered where the big Secret Meeting is?? You know, the one where all the different crafting companies and head wizards get together and decide what colors/trends are gonna be popular NEXT??? It is sooo weird how they all seem to come out with stuff simultaneously ... and it's all the same stuff!!! (Like, remember a couple of years ago when Sock Monkey made a go at it?) Smiley from millan.net (Okay ... so this is NOT a Sock Monkey, but he IS cute!!)

Anywho ... it seems one of the big trends lately is nautical. Which is okie dokie with me, since I am LOVIN' it!! I was inspired to make this card by one of my fellow Dirty Dozen friends (and brilliant stampers, by the way), Bridget Finlay. And I WOULD post a link to her creation, but many of you won't be able to see it ... unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member over on SCS because it was in her Dirty Dozen gallery last month. TOTALLY loved it!! I ended buying this wave die from My Favorite Things because of it, actually. Suffice it to say, her card was BRILLIANT!!! (Okay, okay ... I'm posting a link here ... but if you can't see it and really NEED to, then you'll hafta get a Fan Club membership over on SCS ... which is a GOOD thing!!)

Bridget's Favorite

This was also created for one of the VSN challenges last weekend on SCS. The challenge was to use a boat image of some sort. Which totally made me happy since I got to use that wave die!!

Soooo stoked for the long weekend ... it's Memorial Day here in the US of A ... time for us to reflect and be grateful for all of those who have served our country ... sooo grateful for them!!! I am gonna go take some flowers to my Dad's grave this weekend - he was a former Marine. Hats off to ya, Dad!!

Now ... I just need to go find something GOOD to barbeque!! Smiley from millan.net

Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Create a Cupcake
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Patterned DSP, Sweet Slumber DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Circle Scissor, 1" Circle Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Baja Breeze Button, Word Window Punch, Wave Die (MFT), Pop-Up Glue Dots

5 comments:

JanTink said...

It's GOJUS, but you already knew that, as talented and wonderful as you are! (and you knew that too!)

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

cool card, Wendy! I really love the colors and how you dressed up that little sailboat with waves, sun and clouds. Spectacular!
ps ever notice how the stamp/scrap trends follow the fashion trends too? recall animal prints...i'm just saying...

Shy said...

WOW This is so cute! I must have taken an hour or more.

Elizabeth said...

Lovley card - like all the little details that make this a fab layout. Elizabeth x

Traci S. said...

Hi Wendy~

Your blog looks beautiful. Love the header!

Nautical is big right now! It is great...use it for so many reasons...or no reason at all! I love your card. So much detail...so many layers...I can't even count them from here! And, yes, you are very punny! :)

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend, and thank you for reminding your readers to remember all of those who have given their lives for us to be free.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Give Away ends Monday midnight!
http://He-Is-Able.blogspot.com