Monday, September 24, 2012

Here's Comes the Bride ...

Smiley from millan.netI have been known, on occasion, to be coerced into making wedding announcements for people I know ... doesn't happen all the time, but I do at least one or two sets a year. Looks like it's that time again. I always find it fun and interesting to see what the bride helps me come up with. I never take on these adventures alone. For such an important day, I want it to be what makes the bride happy, so it is usually a team effort.

This one makes me smile ... not for the reason you would necessarily think, though. It actually makes me think of proms in the 80's ... the color combo isn't too far off of what me and my date wore to my Junior Prom (HE wore a burgundy tux ... NO LIE!!). And since the bride had chosen burgundy and "peach" as her color combo, I was VERY lucky that I had a leftover stash of Apricot Appeal in my "retired" file box. And I mean VERY lucky! I cut up every last scrap I had in order to get these done!!



Here's a peek at the inside that I created using MDS. That program has come in sooo stinkin' handy! I am amazed at how many different projects I have used it for!


My husband and I spent part of the weekend in Wendover volunteering for the airshow they had there. It was great fun ... we have made so many awesome friends in conjunction with our love of flying. So fantastic to have so many great people to share it with.

Stamps: Love & Laughter
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folder, Whisper White Satin/Organza Ribbon, Tag Corner Punch (Retired), Rhinestone Basics, MDS2

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karin B said...

My son wants to know what kind of airplane are you in front of. He said he knows it is a low wing v-tail but didn't know what kind of plane.

Thanks!

Jan Castle said...

Beautifully done Wendy!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan