Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Control Freaks Preview Sneaky Peeky!!!



I am SO excited that the Control Freaks are sharing their creativity today with some of the NEW items that we were abe to preorder from the new 2015-2015 Stampin' Up Catalog!!! Did you SEE what Judy DiScipio made??? I love new stampy goodness, don't you???


I scream, you scream ... yeah-yeah-yeah ... y'all KNOW how the rhyme goes, right???? Ice cream is ALWAYS fun to create with!!! This set, called "Sprinkles of Life" is just happiness!!! Not only can you build ice cream cones ... but you can ALSO make a tree, a basket of flowers or leaves, or some fluffy clouds!! The BESTEST thing about this set is that the new Tree Builder Punch will coordinate with it so you won't have to do so much fussy cutting!!! HOORAY!!

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life
Paper: Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaroon, Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaroon, Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Accessories: Tiny Triangles Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Label Bracket Punch, Tree Builder Punch, Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Trim, Gold Sequin Trim, Burlap Ribbon

Tie-dye BOKEH, anyone???? I used my sponge daubers and some of the new ink I got (along with a good ol' favorite) to make these colorful butterflies. I sponged the three colors of ink (Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush and Rich Razzleberry) onto some Whisper White cardstock. I then used my Aquapainter brush to "drip" little water spots into the tie-dye pattern I had made. Cut out the butterflies with the thinlits dies and added a little bit of cut up little bits of White 1 1/4" Jute Ribbon for their bodies and VOILA!! I know I am DEFINITELY going to be doing this technique again!!! Quick, easy and FUN!

Stamps: Friendly Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Square Framelits Dies, Butterfly Thinlits Dies, Candy Dots, White Jute Ribbon, Aquapainter Brush

Next up??? The oh-so-marvelous Heidi Boos ... she will be SURE to inspire you!


 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Your butterflies are gorgeous and I love that you just kept stacking your ice cream cone! :) I made a little one today, haha!

Carol Carriveau said...

Both of your cards are FABULOUS!

paper bag create said...

Love the butterflies..must add that technique on my to do list! ;)

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Greatcute way to showcase new stamp, punch and incolors. TFS!