Sunday, January 10, 2016

Monday Montage #60

Holy SMOKES!! It has been TWO WHOLE WEEKS since I have actually posted to my blog ... and here we are back to a Monday Montage already!!

Just to give y'all a bit of an update as to where in the heck I've been ... My dear, sweet mama has been in declining health for about six years.  Over the past month things have been deteriorating rapidly.  She was admitted to the hospital this past week and will be headed to a rehab/hospice facility some time in the next day or two.  I am so very grateful to the doctors, nurses and hospital staff that have been so kind, gentle and loving to my mom.  She is my hero.  She is so brave and so stubborn and so strong ... We are hoping to keep her comfortable and and to allow her to regain a little bit of strength over the next little while.

Eeeeeps!!! An AIRPLANE!!! I knew the SECOND I saw this stamp set (which is being offered through the Sale-a-Bration - aka SAB - promotion for the next couple of months!!! I LOVE THIS!!! And I am ALSO stuck on this color scheme ... So happy to have a little time today where I could stamp and unwind ... sitting around in the hospital just WIPES you OUT!!

Stamps: Sky is the Limit (SAB)
Paper: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Wildflower Fields DSP (SAB)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Accessories: Circles Framelits Dies, Banners Framelits Dies, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Baker's Twine Combo Pack (SAB), Botanical Gardens Designer Washi Tape, Zig Zag Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch

Click "Back" for Melissa Stout and "Next" for Amy O'Neill ... blessed to call them friends, blessed to have their inspiration and talent in my life!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

2 comments:

Kim Hadad said...

Beautiful card! It's so nice to hear that your stamping has given you a little comfort while worrying about your mom. I pray for your mom's recovery that she remains strong and can be comfortable.

Debra said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. Yes, hospitals are mostly 'hurry up and wait' and it's very tiring especially when you add in the emotional factor. Hope she is able to get some rest and feel better. Great that you were able to get in some stamping time - I am very jealous and missing my stamp time myself! Decluttering at the moment which will bring rewards eventually!