Saturday, March 19, 2016

Freakin' SPRING!

Oh how happy I am that SPRING is really here!!! Our weather has been kind of unpredictable (because, you know, that's how spring IS). However, we have had a LOT of sunshine and blue skies (even if the temperatures are sometimes a bit nippy). I am seeing signs of spring EVERYwhere (flowers are even sneaking out!). SO much to be happy about!! Speaking of happy ... did you see Connie Babbert's awesome SPRING-y projects??? She always does so many wonderful things!!!


Thanks to my amazing and talented friend, Kaitlin Zumbach, I had some inspiration for the color combo on this one (thanks, girl!)!! Do any of the rest of ya feel like you use the SAME colors OVER and OVER???? I know that I DO!!! I actually challenged myself to do some things for my projects today ... FIRST, I wanted to use a color that had been long neglected in my stash (hence, the Rose Red ... SUCH a good color!)!!!

Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Honeycomb Happiness (SAB)
Paper: Whisper White, Mint Macaroon, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Rose Red, Perfectly Artistic DSP (SAB)
Ink: Rose Red, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Bontanical Builder Thinlits Dies, Blushing Bride 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Linen Thread, Bitty Banners Thinlits Dies

I actually did a DOUBLE challenge for myself on this one. My SECOND challenge for these projects was to do a base layer that really was only ONE layer. You have NO IDEA how much I struggle doing this!!! (And you have NO IDEA how badly I wanted to add another layer before I started added the "cute" stuff!) But I did it!!! Still trying to decide how I feel about it ... My THIRD challenge was to use a stamp set that had been long-neglected for newer things ... which is why I used Flower Shop.  I seriously have ADORED this set since the day it came out!!! I really need to use my "older" stuff more (and I'm sure YOU do, too!!)

Stamps: Flower Shop, Sunburst Sayings, Timeless Textures
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Sahara Sand
Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Black Sharpie
Accessories: Circle Framelits Dies, 2 3/8" Circle Punch, Pansy Punch, White Perfect Accents, 5/8" Chevron Ribbon, Decorative Dots Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Mini Stapler

Another update on my running stuffs (because, you know, you guys are just on the edge of your seats wanted to hear ALL about it!!)!!! Our trip to China has been BOOKED!!! Our flights have been RESERVED!!! And TODAY I ran over 18 miles!!! (Not gonna lie ... it kicked my booty ... and yeah, things are hurtin'!!)  TWO MONTHS TO GO!!! It's getting REAL!!

Next up??? The amazing and talented Deb Henderson!!! BEAUTIFUL things to see!!!


 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

6 comments:

Kelly Acheson said...

These are just beautiful! You met your challenges and I say you are the WINNER!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great use of all of your layers Wendy!

Debra said...

Happy spring Wendy, and both your cards are beautiful! Way to go for running 18 miles. That is absolutely amazing! I used to run (many years ago) so that takes a lot if work and perseverance. Good luck on your China trip!

Lisa Martz said...

I told you this already...I really like both cards, but the second one with the fun yellow flower is my favorite! I am going to try this layout today...I'll send you a pic of my card if/when I get it done! Church first, then breakfast and then a motorcycle lesson and then stamping.

Cindy said...

What a coinkydink! -I used Rose Red for the first time in ages, too! I forgot how much I like it, and I LOVE it on your card! That second card just makes my face smile all over, too!

Kelley H. said...

First card is just lovely. The second one is nice and contemporary.